Internet service

Gas20

We are full time and want to know what kind of service full timers use. We have ATT phone service and have a Hotspot for the phones, but what do you use with laptop computers? Wife is driving me crazy, please help.

Gaffer

We have Verizon and use it for everything. Don't even have land lines at the house. Mifi for the computer. Rarely not in a 4G area so is fine for us.

When you turn on the mobile hotspot on your phone it will appear in the wifi list on your laptop and you can log onto it just like any other wifi source. It is just as safe as using your phone.

You can also setup a VPN and use any public wifi with relative safety as all of your data will be encrypted. This is great when you are in a Park with good wifi (or have access to any other wifi signal) service because you will not be using your phone data.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We use our iPhone hotspot to connect the laptop to the Internet for security when accessing records such as the bank, CC, and if the park's wifi is insufficient ie: weak signal, narrow bandwidth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
When we first started full time with no sticks and bricks, we knew our park did not have wifi. I work via the Internet, so I needed fast connection. We are within a half mile of a tower, and have att hotspot as well as two phones. I use a Pepwave router, and hooked the hotspot to that. All our devices connect to the router.

Because of my business use, we used around 40GB of service one mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Verizon jet pack MIFI. Only area I have encountered with problems is Proctor Lake near Comanche, TX. Works great everywhere else and they just reduced their prices.