Introducing ourselves - The Gately's

EarlGately

Hello to all the other Heartland owners on this forum.

It is a pleasure to join. We have had our Heartland TrailRunner 31 RED for about a year now and have taken it on 3 trips to date. We have had other campers in the past, such as a Shamrock by Fallstaff (a canvas convertible where the bed fold down with a "tent" type canvas covering). My wife Susan and I have been occasional campers/RV'rs for the last 30 years, starting with a simple 1 room tent, then a 2 room tent, then a StarCraft popup trailer when we had our young son Chris (Now 34) with us.

Our newest "used" trailer, is a 2009 Trail Runner 31 RED. It is far longer than anything we ever dreamed of owning. It has a slider on each side of the living room, making it a large family room. I am hopeful to meet other Heartland TrailRunner owners. But the simple joy of traveling the US and seeing our country is what we are looking forward to in the years ahead.

Thanks to your forum, I have learned already that I cannot operate the electrical outlets without being hooked up to "shore" power. And I saw someone recommend getting Solar to remedy this and allow me to actually be "off the grid". I will be checking into this solution now.

Again, thank you for allowing us to join.

danemayer

Hi EarlGately,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and glad to hear you're enjoying yourselves.

We have a pretty active Owners Club with local, regional, and an annual North American rally where Heartland owners get together to have a good time. You can check out the schedule of upcoming rallies by clicking on the EVENTS tab at top of page. You can also get a free 1 year introductory membership to the owners club, which will get you into local and regional rallies for free. Here's a link to the club page. If you want to have a really great time, come to the North American Rally in Goshen, IN in June. If possible come early for the pre-rally and you'll have an even better time. Maybe we'll see you there.

SilverRhino

Welcome! One of the best things about owning a Heartland is this forum and the exchange of information you will find!

Congratulations on your new coach!

Travel Safe!