Introducing the 2017 Ford Super duty

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think checks expire after 90 days.

There really is no expiration date on checks . . . although when they get old it might be a good thing to check with the bank it is written off of!

The check I have from my insurance company was dated in April, 2015 . . . I will be calling them soon to see about getting this lifted from my claims history!

RoadJunkie

Google replies...

A bank is not obligated to pay a check that’s more than six months old. “It’s ultimately up to the discretion of each individual bank whether to accept a check,” says L. H. Wilson, the senior counsel of the American Bankers Association, in Washington, D.C.

Of course, common courtesy dictates cashing a check so that it is not carried on the books for an extended period. This doesn't mean a check won't be cashed, but the bank my want to contact the funding party prior to cashing to ensure validity.

Boy, this is way off topic. Sorry.

JohnD

Google replies...

A bank is not obligated to pay a check that’s more than six months old. “It’s ultimately up to the discretion of each individual bank whether to accept a check,” says L. H. Wilson, the senior counsel of the American Bankers Association, in Washington, D.C.

Of course, common courtesy dictates cashing a check so that it is not carried on the books for an extended period. This doesn't mean a check won't be cashed, but the bank my want to contact the funding party prior to cashing to ensure validity.

Boy, this is way off topic. Sorry.

Insurance companies are getting smarter . . .

I can't cash this check as it has my name, my wife's name, and my Chevy dealership's name (who gave me the repair estimate - truck didn't even have 1000 miles on it yet when the hail damaged occured) on the check.

13 months after buying the new truck, I have almost 24,000 miles on it (daily driver)

porthole

Retired
My son had the best explanation for the Ford rear fenders and believe it or not it makes sense. If you ding one of the hips on a Ford you buy a replacement fender. If you ding the hip on a Dodge you buy a new bed. Never looked at it that way but they are still ugly.

Don't remember which, either the Ram or the GM the whole dually fender was an add on over the SRW fender. Ford just saved some money buy using 1/3 the material, which they make for by having the highest priced trucks of the 3.

No doubt, my bro in law backed into a trash can with his dodge dually. ..didn't have to replace whole bed, but fender/bed repair was 800+ $.... I have no issue with the 2 piece fender for a dually and think it's smart....but dang....the 11-16 was bad (but that new 17 is worse!)......bubble or square or whatever....just pick one and roll with it...no need to attempt to "lipstick" a piggy

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if that is the final design and see if it looks as bad in person. the current fender I really do not care for. But, it did not stop me from buying the truck. And the new fender won't stop me either.

Well, one year ago September 29 . . . my brand new Chevy truck with less than 1000 miles on it sustained over $2000 in hail damage.

Yesterday (September 29, 2015) we had another hail storm, and my new truck (now one year old) was parked in the same parking spot at my place of gainful employment, but had no hail damage.

I can't cash this check as it has my name, my wife's name, and my Chevy dealership's name (who gave me the repair estimate - truck didn't even have 1000 miles on it yet when the hail damaged occured) on the check.

I left my 2006 GMC under an Oak tree while I was on a bike trip (someplace I normally do not park at home). When I came home the hood looked like a golf ball surface.
Right now the acorns are so bad all of our cars and boat are parked out int the street.

Why would your insurance company two party the check to the dealer? They have no right (maybe, unless financed through them, in their name).

JohnD

Why would your insurance company two party the check to the dealer? They have no right (maybe, unless financed through them, in their name).

I'm guessing that they want me to use the check to get the truck fixed as opposed to just cashing it and putting it in the bank.

porthole

Retired
Still don't like the rear fenders, and the rear bed is now higher like the GM's and Rams.
But there is a lot to like.

[video]http://www.tfltruck.com/2015/09/2017-ford-super-duty-slicing-dicing-and-critiquing-video/[/video]

scottyb

Nice video. It's nice to see the chassis. Kind of answers the obvious 1st question that comes up. I'm glad to see them use some of the weight savings in adding more beef. I really like the look. My only question is "can you tow them 4 down"?