Inverter GFI tripping, shutting down fridg. while on shorepower. 2016 Landmark Charleston

emezsets

Reading through posts most inverter issues seem to be while plugged in to tow vehicle. My issue occurs when plugged in to 50AMP post. Not sure where to begin. Please advise.

emezsets

The GFI on the inverter continues to trip. Which in turn causes the refrigerator to turn off. I thought about checking batteries and water level. Not really sure where to start

emezsets

The other thing I just notice, If I turn off the "remote" switch on the inside panel, then the refrigerator turns off. In the past it would stay running no matter if the green light was on or off. What could that mean? bad inverter?

wdk450

Other Heartlanders have switched the GFI outlet on the inverter for a standard outlet after repeated problems that could not be fixed.

david-steph2018

The GFI on the inverter continues to trip. Which in turn causes the refrigerator to turn off. I thought about checking batteries and water level. Not really sure where to start
If you can get to the plug for the fridge, run an extension cord from a good outlet and plug in the transfer switch for the fridge. This will allow you to know if the transfer switch for the fridge is good or not.
You should also check your batteries. Just to see the condition of the batteries.

emezsets

If you can get to the plug for the fridge, run an extension cord from a good outlet and plug in the transfer switch for the fridge. This will allow you to know if the transfer switch for the fridge is good or not.
You should also check your batteries. Just to see the condition of the batteri

david-steph2018

Just to clarify, plug the transfer switch into an extension cord? I will check batteries also, thanks.
Yes, turn off the breaker for the fridge first.
Once the fridge is plugged into a good outlet, check the power coming out of the transfer switch.

You can plug the transfer switch into the extension cord but turn the breaker for the fridge off first. Turning off the breaker allows you to have power coming from one side of the transfer switch. This will assist in determining if the transfer switch could be acting up.

If the batteries get low, the inverter will cut out.

Before our change over to full rig solar setup, the transfer switch dedicated to the fridge did go bad on us. Until we could get a new switch, I ran an extension cord from another outlet to the fridge and turned off the breaker for the fridge.

emezsets

Yes, turn off the breaker for the fridge first.
Once the fridge is plugged into a good outlet, check the power coming out of the transfer switch.

You can plug the transfer switch into the extension cord but turn the breaker for the fridge off first. Turning off the breaker allows you to have power coming from one side of the transfer switch. This will assist in determining if the transfer switch could be acting up.

If the batteries get low, the inverter will cut out.

Before our change over to full rig solar setup, the transfer switch dedicated to the fridge did go bad on us. Until we could get a new switch, I ran an extension cord from another outlet to the fridge and turned off the breaker for the fridge.
Excellent. That is what I will try this weekend. I appreciate your explanation and help