Is a F350 SRW 4x4 big enough to pull a Road Warrior 30C Safely ?

Texxags

I’m looking to buy the Road Warrior 30C, I have a 2011 6.7 Ford F350 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab. My main concern is the Truck Big enough to handle the 30C (with the new nose design) I’ve heard the pin weight more in the 3k+ range. I’m not using the toy hauler as a normal toy hauler. I’m using the toy box for the kids to have their own room that we can close off J. (Maybe someday I will buy a toy ….golf cart). But right now I will not be hauling a toy. Will the back of the truck be slammed/crushed due to the extra heavy pin. Also would this set up have the wiggle in the trailer hence I don’t have a dully. And the extra weight of a toy to balance the trailer out. Can some of you that have this unit give me some advice. THANKS in advance!

Can I run 70 mph with no issues?​

jnbhobe

The GVW of the 30C is 14K, I pull a 3370BH that has a GVW of 14.5K. I am a little over on my rig by 1K or so when I run with everything full. I have no problems of any kind running at 70mph. You can see by my signature I have a lot of upgrades. I think you will be just fine as long as your not stupid like me and carry one of anything you may need. LOL

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You should be fine. My pin weight is 4200 and I tow with the 2010 F350 dually

TedS

I tow with about 2700lbs hitch load with my 2011 F350 6.7PS CC long box SRW. No problem.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't know what tires are on the rig, but most E rated tires are rated at 65mph max. If you go faster, you create excess heat and wear on the tires and risk a blowout. Many threads on the forum about this.

Good luck!

lwmcguir

We were on the edge and wanted to be legal when loaded normally. Opted for the 20 inch tires and wheels for the extra margin. Pulls heavier trailers than the Augusta like a dream.

Urban350

I am using a non slidding Reese Elite 25K hitch and have had no problems turning so far. Also I had to raise my trailer 4" to sit level and still have clearence between the bed rails and the trailer.

Headlight

I am using a non slidding Reese Elite 25K hitch and have had no problems turning so far. Also I had to raise my trailer 4" to sit level and still have clearence between the bed rails and the trailer.

How did you raise your trailer? I need to do the same. Thx

Urban350

Sorry for the late reply. I used 1/4" steel 2x4 welded along the frame between the frame and spring hangers and then cross braced the tubing from side to side.

tilleyjs

I have a 2005 Chevy HD2500 Duramax. I pull a 2010 Heartland Cyclone 3612(14,052 unloaded/pin 3500ish). I added firestone airbags. Pulls fine. I got 11mpg through Ohio. I got 8.5 through South Dakota. Got 9.0 through 3 passes from Montana to Seattle.

Going 70? Why are you in a hurry? I go with the fuel mileage. Find your sweet spot. Mine is 63-65.

You'll be fine with the truck. Legally, I can't speak for. But from my perspective, you're good to go.