Lost 1.5 mpg....about right??????

NYSUPstater

In the case of semis w/ all the air fairings, wings, beaver tails side skirts etc., only real benny is if driven long distances over time. Our company just has cab roof fairings. However, I think Cali if requiring semis to have many air deflecting devices soon if memory serves me right.

As for my orig question on this, just though it was odd that I lossed 1.5 mpg's given almost the same total gross weight as previous rig ('06 Cedar Creek Silverback 33 LBHTS). Seeing many others have seen same result, gives me reassurance that it just wasn't something going haywire w/ BB (Big Blue). I'll see if my son can help me post 3 pics he took before he "hit" the road after weighing and fueling.

I have to chuckle at the comment on did we buy these trucks to tow or high mpg's? My Dad asked me the very same thing several years back w/ a previous truck as I went backwards in mpg's. Told him I bought it for power/towing not mpg's. Okay, so I'll eat my words here on that one, but today's trucks do net decent mpg's empty and some get good mpg's towing as well.

carl.swoyer

Try keeping the rpm under 2000. Your fuel mileage should go up. I also add Lucas fuel additive on every fill. I get 11.5 sometimes 12 mpg. When I go over 2000 rpm the MPG decrease

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

This is true. Several years ago a read the same. My tailgate is always up

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

It's not so much the weight as the size (frontal area mainly) of the aerodynamic brick you are towing. When you find one of them let me know. Speed with that brick is the killer.