Is an F-450 a good idea?

mountain1

Re: F450 Insurance plus 5th wheel

I had my 350 for over 20 years and now have an F450 and love it. The one piece of advice I would offer is make sure whatever you buy you get it big enough to grow. Over the years I have known so many people that buy an RV smaller than they end up with and then not have enough vehicle to pull it. I had no trouble getting insurance but I use USAA and they didn't bat an eye.
Like someone recommended I missed a wonderful used F550 by waiting to long and it had more than I have added on the truck I now have.
My first camper was 15ft., then 21, then 25 now 37ft fifth wheel my 20 year old F350 would not tow my 5th wheel very well at all but the F450 takes it every where.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Re: F450 Insurance plus 5th wheel

We did the opposite, well kind of. We started with ye old tent camping, borrowed a friends tow behind 25'er for 2 weekends then got a 43'+ with a 14' toybox triple axle and f350. The trailer was pushing the limits of that truck, now we stepped down to a 41' no toybox and soon upgrading to an '11 F350 Dually. More truck, 2,000lb less trailer weight, more stability, more peace of mind.
We have Sate Farm and haven't had a problem insuring anything...yet.