Is cy4200 a New Model ??

gpshemi

YES! I'm in!...minus the hot tub package.
My rv resorts have them, not gonna carry another one around too...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
From what I saw at the factory, my guess is that they are trying to add more "something" but have the weight issue to contend with. Trying to reinvent how much a toy-hauler weighs and where, has got to be a challenge.

I'd love to see a toy hauler that looks more conservative and residential, less sports-minded. I read on RV Business that Redwood RV will be taking over production of a Crossroads Toyhauler line... Maybe an "luxury" or "full-timer" TH coming soon from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpshemi

How about a KIS (Kitchen in slide) design? The kitchen is inside, but when the slide is out it's outside. Saw it on the net somewhere over the weekend. Was a pretty cool idea.

gpshemi

Here is a link to the Pacific Coachworks version of the inside outside slide kitchen.
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2009/12/pacific-coachworks-shows-kitchen-slide-out/

It does not look like they have the option in their current models but here is a link to a 2010 with the kitchen option.
http://www.flagrv.com/2560rbss__kso_fw.htm

That's it! Sorry. My accronym was off. KSO..not KIS. The concept is solid if they couod pull it off. It's about being outdoors right?
I've been wanting an outside entertainment and kitchen area for some time.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Here's another idea...I heard it was suppose to be the largest outdoor entertainment setup. This would fit that description as well as needing alot of engineering. Right?

That's correct! The additional engineering is mostly for beefing up the frame where the V-12 Caterpillar power plant will be replacing the 5.5 Onan.

Stinger381

Are any of these toy haulers with three axles able to be pulled by a 2500 diesel? I would love to be able to pull a toy hauler with my Harley inside but I don't want the 2 axle models. I don't want to buy a new truck either. I love my mega cab Dodge and they don't sell those anymore.

taken

Are any of these toy haulers with three axles able to be pulled by a 2500 diesel? I would love to be able to pull a toy hauler with my Harley inside but I don't want the 2 axle models. I don't want to buy a new truck either. I love my mega cab Dodge and they don't sell those anymore.

2013 Dodge has quite a few configurations available with the mega cab option. Not sure why you think they aren't available anymore? Maybe no mega with longbed is what you meant? As far as the triple axle thing, I'm sure you can find one with lower weights. I'm betting lots of them have a lower pin weight than my double axle 30C which was over 3k with the garage empty.

danemayer

There are two issues when figuring out what you can tow. One is the forward motion, or 5th wheel towing capacity. On SRW configs, that's often the same between Dodge and GMC 2500s and 3500s or Ford F250s and F350s. The second issue is payload. The vertical load on the rear axle is pretty high with these large trailers and any 250 or 2500 will be seriously overloaded.

I don't have any idea about what's coming in a CY 4200. I do know something about having approx. 2,800 lbs of pin weight on my F-250. I own a 2011 F-250 4x4 supercab diesel. In order to carry that much weight I installed Firestone 5000 air bags. What a beautiful thing. Very stable and a nice ride with my 5er hitched on. I've put on approx. 7000 miles towing my 5er.

taken

There are two issues when figuring out what you can tow. One is the forward motion, or 5th wheel towing capacity. On SRW configs, that's often the same between Dodge and GMC 2500s and 3500s or Ford F250s and F350s. The second issue is payload. The vertical load on the rear axle is pretty high with these large trailers and any 250 or 2500 will be seriously overloaded.

Unfortunately, at least with Ford, that is only the emblem on the fender but as you say, legally and technically different. Until 2011, the Ford 250 and 350 were identical except for the height of the spring spacer blocks and on some configurations, an overload spring. Axles, brakes, etc. were identical. Agreed that, some air bags make all things equal. Well, unless your weighed by Johnny law.... The new 2011 and up Fords have a touch larger axles and a couple more splines. Still way to similar IMHO.