Is this the normal configuration for trailer brakes?

RossRagan

I was underneath my new Mallard M245 yesterday as I am thinking of getting a portable grill to attach to the quick connect port and while I was looking at the gas line, I notices that the electric brakes were hooked up to both wheels on the driver side. Is this a normal brake setup for a travel trailer? I expected that the brakes would be configured to be hooked up on the two wheels on the rear axle. I also observed that there were electric brake pig tail wires on both wheels on the passenger side but neither were hooked up.

RossRagan

Are you sure the wires aren't running thru the axle from one side to the other.

Very good question and no, I am not sure; but I will take a much closer look tomorrow. Should there be brakes on all four wheels? Thank you for your feedback

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure the wires aren't running thru the axle from one side to the other.

You called it correctly. I went out with a flashlight and checked it out. Thanks. I am learning a ton about this RVing as I work on getting the trailer set up for it maiden camping trip.

rhodies1

Very good question and no, I am not sure; but I will take a much closer look tomorrow. Should there be brakes on all four wheels? Thank you for your feedback

- - - Updated - - -

You called it correctly. I went out with a flashlight and checked it out. Thanks. I am learning a ton about this RVing as I work on getting the trailer set up for it maiden camping trip.

Yes,all 4 wheels should have wires running to the assemblies and hooked up to provide even braking.