It is back

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I got word yesterday that now they are looking at radiation before surgery. Still waiting to hear the final treatment plan. This waiting is terrible. Hope to hear something today. Thanks for the prayers and support.

tmcran

Jim, prayers for you and yours. Patience is tough at times. However, knowing your are being treated at M.D. Anderson should give you comfort in knowing you're at the best.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
UPDATE: Last Thursday, August 7th, 2014 I had surgery called a neck dissection too remove the cancerous node, with some others and part of the left vocal cord nerve which was affected. The surgery was preformed by Dr. Myers, at the Head and Neck Center at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Tx. I spent the night in the hospital and went home Friday. I had a drain in my neck which was removed on Monday. Dr. Myers told me the surgery was a great success and that he had to peal the node off the Esophagus as the cancer in the node had begun to hug the Esophagus. The vocal cord nerve was damaged partly from the cancerous node and partly from the radiation I had previously to the node.

Right now my voice is very raspy and hoarse sounding. It should get better but it is possible I may have to have surgery down the road to make the voice better. We shall see.

I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. God is the Master Healer and uses the doctors as tools to help provide us with that healing. Thanks be to God. I will have to go through about 28 radiation treatments in 4-6 weeks, after my body has had time to recover from the surgery. The radiation will also be done at MD Anderson also. They sure work wonders at that Cancer Center.

Thanks again yall are the greatest.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
So glad the surgery went well. We will continue to send positive thoughts your way.
Kristy

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Jim,

Glad to hear your surgery had such a great success. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Rod Ditrich

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim,
Glad things went well in surgery and the outlook is good. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Trace

Seren

Wonderful news. Praying for strength, healing and your voice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hcriddle

Praise the Lord Jim glad to hear all went well and we will continue to pray for a speedy recovery and strength through the radiation treatments.