ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED, SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE IMPROVEMENTS

ARTSTOY

We purchased a 2022 ROADWARRIOR 351W, love the basic design, but for the price, simple amenities need to be added.
I'm going to start in the bedroom, the bed is a failure, putting a little drawer at the end was such a waste of space. the adjustable slide out on the left side of the bed to adapt it to a king or queen was not well thought out. wish these rv companies would spend a little extra building some of these bed frames, considering the walls and floors have aluminum supports, how hard would it be to weld up a 1 inch square tube skeleton frame to keep down weight and add a lift up storage is beyond me,
On to main bathroom, toilet paper holder, seriously, is this an after thought. the 351 has literally no storage for towels or wash cloths, the area right above the toilet with the rounded exterior wall would of been easy to do a cabinet, and what's with mounting the toilet 4 inches from the wall, back it up closer to the wall, having my knees hitting the sink cabinet door handles really sucks, plus side, awesome shower. I took the wall paneling down behind the toilet and put in reinforcements to hang a rolled towel holder.
Under storage pass through, not wide enough to put anything as wide as a chair in
Living room, the furniture is just cheap, no other way to say it, they feel flimsy, they flex, the fold out cup holders come out with no detent, one have to pry out, the worst part is, if your not paying attention, the slide will rip it off, been a few times I just caught it opening or closing it, that could be bad.
the slide outs on these need attention, get rid of the slide rub plate, install rollers, a major flaw, causing issues everywhere. the switch panel needs to cover all the switches, open the door and there they are, not two or three above it, another simple fix, that shows commitment and quality. beyond that my only complaint would be up to date internet capable tv's, tcl is a great tv, def not expensive.
Garage area, the bathroom, again no toilet paper holder, 0 storage, and what's with this plastic toilet, its the size of a 5 gallon bucket, our mirror was mounted to the side, when other I have seen are mounted in front of the sink, again, those little details, now for the switch mounting area to the garage, wth, mounted to the bottom of the overhead garage bed, I'm 6ft 3 and you have to bend in half to see them, then you realize there is no identification on most of them, and no rhyme or reason to how they were installed, then skip up to the thermastat for the garage, its **** near mounted 7 ft tall. you cant see what it says, have to be looking at it straight on to see it, or its just a blue screen, and if your happy jack bed isn't down, all 4 vents in the garage are blocked, how's that work, I had to build a holding bracket wall mount for the rear deck stairs so we wouldn't be tripping over them in the garage, again simple little step. Ive since built a new switch panel and relocated it, the wall mount for the steps, a steel square tube light gauge bed frame with power recline and power lift for the storage, the 4 season doors, another issue, who thought this up, a piece of metal bent over the top rail rubbing on black tape, that was a good plan, tape peeled off now door is sticking in its residue, pulled off brackets cut off the lip welded a new tab on it mounted a 1 inch nylon roller wheel with bearing and slid the rear guide about a 1/2 inch and refastened, no more issues, opens with 1 finger now, and I know these were made by lipert, but its your name your attaching it to,
the waste termination valves outside, spend a little time and label which is which.
ALLTHOUGH THIS SOUNDS LIKE A RANT, WELL IT IS SORT OF, I WANT TO GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT TO THE GUYS AT HEARTLAND, THEY ACTUALLY LISTEN. AND ARE WILLING TO WORK WITH PEOPLE ON THEIR ISSUES, BIG SHOUT OUT TO RYAN DULEY, Never got any positive responses from our keystone or jayco rv companies, I dont mind working on them, but when you buy one new its should be a choice, not a have to, should at least get a few trips on them before hand, When I managed the limo manufacturing plant, the goal was 7 to 10 yrs with out complaints

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We’ve said many times that the design teams, for ALL brands, do not use these rigs.
Therefore it looks good on paper, but in reality many rigs lack features that are necessary and useful to those of us that spend many months or live FT in our units

NYSUPstater

Not being a naysayer, but based on all what was written, why did this unit get purchased in the 1st place if all these items were wrong? Was told many years ago that don't buy something that isn't to your liking and say "we'll make it work" but rather get something that fits the bill 100%.

Last edited:

ARTSTOY

Not being a naysayer, but based on all what was written, why did this unit get purchased in the 1st place if all these items were wrong? Was told many years ago that don't buy something that isn't to your liking and say "we'll make it work" but rather get something that fits the bill 100%.
I chose it because I liked the basic design, some things go un noticed, like the dragging slide outs after a little use, the workmanship you find along the way, not sure if you read the bottom of my post, apparently you did not. find one rv that does not have issues ad let me know about it. The point of the post was to point out there were alternatives to an upper line rv that could of been considered in the design to simply make it better.