Jack Antenna

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
These are the first reports of poor performance from the Jack that I have heard of.
I was parked down the row from a guy that just installed his Jack yesterday. He said he went from 3 stations off the bat wing to 12 with the Jack.

Peace
Dave

Same here...our reception improved dramatically. We did find, however, that it is very "directional", and sometimes you have to really move it around to get the best signal which also requires re-scanning for stations on each TV, each time you move it...

Gizzy

Same here...our reception improved dramatically. We did find, however, that it is very "directional", and sometimes you have to really move it around to get the best signal which also requires re-scanning for stations on each TV, each time you move it...

When I purchased the Jack antenna from King Controls I also purchased the signal meter. Was a little skepital about it, but turnes out it works really great. Connect it to the BR TV and it will find the strongest signal BEFORE running the channel scan. Saves me from scanning and re-scanning to get the best signal. I feel it is well worth the money.

rick_debbie_gallant

I also bought the signal meter. The most lights I can get to show up is three.
Did anyone use the power supply that came with the jack antenna?

Or did you use the booster that came with the trailer?
Or do you use both the booster from the trailer and the power supply from the Jack antenna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We used booster already installed in the rig. I believe instructions say not to use both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSGRAPE

We replaced the original antenna that came on the 2012 Sundance with the Jack and it works 100% better, it is more directional but we went from almost no stations to several in the same location.

Can you use the signal finder without a tv? I was wondering since we don't have a TV in the bedroom can i hook the signal finder on the cable jack to locate signals?