Jack issues

We just got off the phone with Heartland. Gary is no longer over the service dept. Not sure if he got promoted or demoted. The new guy is Eric McDaniel. My husband discussed with him the history we've had regarding the jack system since May 1 yr ago. He requested we send him all the correspondence with Gary, and a scanned copy of the service records, and weights of truck & trailer. Eric said Heartland would do all they could to make things right. We'll see....hopefully at the very least we'll get some kind of extension on the warranty of the jack system. We also signed up for an extended warranty with Good Sam effective today.

Front Jack problems

We had a problem with the front jacks on our 3055RL. When raising the jacks to get the unit high enough to come off the hitch, the gears would slip a notch or two, like it may have been stripped. The motor acted like it was in a strain.
My dealer replace the motor and gears. Seems to have cured the problem.

cemill & Jackie

boxcar1511

boy you stepped on a sore subject with me.. lets see i,ve replaced the bolt connecting the two legs 3 times... greased the legs which were not greased from the factory.. we have to help the under powered motor with the hand crank every time it gets in the slightest bind.. now 2 months out of warranty the gears blew apart, took apart to find the bearings blown apart and missing the thrust washer that was never installed... lippert overs a rebuild kit for the gears around 30 bucks.. but guess what they won't sell the bearings. they say they don't sell anything below the gears.. but they would be happy to sell me another one of there wonderful legs... aint that a kick in the pants.. It's not to hard to figure out there is a problem with these legs.... lippert needs to step up and upgrade these units. Thank God for extended warranty because it looks like we are going to have alot of problems with lipperts landing gear..

RnRCycloner

Do you think it may be possible the design engineer for Heartland needs to recalculate the torque requirements needed to drive the landing gear and size the motor appropriately..
It may be a good idea to do some in field measurements. Load the unit to its GVWR, generator and options included and get a torque reading on the manual crank...
If the figures prove good and they have requested appropriate part then their supplier is not providing a good product and Heartland needs to look else where...
This may have been done already except for looking else where...
Just a thought....

Do you all mind if I copy and paste some of your issues in an email to Eric @ Heartland. BTW, he did call us back yesterday, and said he is talking to Lippert about our jack motor/gear issues that have been ongoing. Said he would call back today (Tues), as Lippert hasn't told him anything as of 3pm yesterday. At least he did call back. Gary never called or replied to any emails. Only way we got Gary is if we called constantly and happen tom get him insted of "leave a voice" message. Might in some remote possibility help them deal with Lippert to see some of your issues that are ongoing. Just a thought.

Lippert bought most of other frame manufactors so that they can corner market and build a cheaper product and as mush as they can for nothing... c**** made junk.... I had a 05 mobile suite with there frame and landing gears every trip the landing gaer would not work had air ride on my truck and could drop air bags and pull out from under trailer. Had trailer for nine months and got to use it 4 weekends.........stayed in shop for landing gear rest of time....... LIPPERT hyd.... So this is not new for LIPPERT to build something that does not work. It's an on going problem. Said I would never buy anything with LIPPERT products again, but now own a 3950 with LIPPERT, try to find a trailer without LIPPERT!!!!!!!!! Very few!!!!! Bought my 3950 at Southern Comfort also....

We have air bags on our truck and do the same as you when unhitching. However, if trailer is apart from the truck at a park, and lowered if need be to level then we have a problem. Happened in Savannah, Ga. Trailer was level. Truck bed was higher with no air in the bags. What do you know out came the rod to manually crank the thing up so we could hitch it up to come home. Appears Southern Comfort went out of business. Last time we picked our unit up...there was ours and 3-4 old RV's on the lot. Nothing else. We'll be going down to Panama City, FL for service now. At least we have an extended warranty through Good Sam now. Manufacture warranty expired this past Sun.

Well, we have good news about our 3950 jack system. Eric (service manager) at Heartland has accomplished more in 3 days than Gary did in a year. Lippert is going to replace the complete jack system assembly due to the problems we have had over the last year. Now whether the system will be any better or reliable than before remains to be seen, but at least we're heading in the right direction.

Tom of Ypsi

We are going to visit Lippert June 4 fo repair on our front hydraulic jacks. This is the second time, got them repaired and replaced OD side jack last year outside of Savannah, Ga. I have had to use jack stands under the frame once I get the coach level. If need be I use the haydraulic jack that came with my truck to get the coach higher.

Goldwinghaulers glad to see that someone is going to finally step up to the plate and do something fix hopefully fix a problem instead of patching it. Good luck and keep us posted as to what kind of repair they do.... Remember LIPPERT burnt the belly out of my mobile suite replacing legs, In Fitzgerald, Ga. at there plant.....

Tate,
We'll be glad to keep folks up to date with the repairs, etc. Eric said Heartland & Lippert Ok'd for us to take to any reputable RV service center here close to home. Dothan is about 30 mins from home. We have some RV buddies that know reputable repair centers in our area. Keep watching for new posts with updates. Might make some interesting reading....

Cyncwby

Hey Heartland!! Have you read all of these problems YOUR CUSTOMERS are having with this **** that Lippert is supplying to your factory??? Why don't you offer an optional hyd. jack system like the HWH unit? or maybe even get Lippert to upgrade the jack system to something that actually WORKS!!

I'm sure the folks would rather pay the extra $$$$ instead of having these headaches time after time, or worse yet get stuck somewhere and can't get their rig hooked up. Your credibility is on the line here, hopefully Eric is on top of this and has the horse power to REALLY do something. Future owners are watching how you handle this mess........Dave (future owner....maybe)

Last edited by a moderator:

boatdoc

Hey Heartland!! Have you read all of these problems YOUR CUSTOMERS are having with this **** that Lippert is supplying to your factory??? Why don't you offer an optional hyd. jack system like the HWH unit? or maybe even get Lippert to upgrade the jack system to something that actually WORKS!!

I'm sure the folks would rather pay the extra $$$$ instead of having these headaches time after time, or worse yet get stuck somewhere and can't get their rig hooked up. Your credibility is on the line here, hopefully Eric is on top of this and has the horse power to REALLY do something. Future owners are watching how you handle this mess........Dave (future owner....maybe)

Whoa!!! Now this will get someone's attention, I don't know who's but I'm sure the mods will see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Hi Dave,

This is a Heartland forum. We own it, we run it, we read it and we react to it. No need to call us out - we are already here.

We will not publicly react or comment on each and every issue that is brought up on every RV forum out there, but rest assured, each is heard and considered.

Each manufacturer has what they perceive as their target market. We listen, we do our best and we build a decent coach for a decent price to serve a certain segment of the buying public. But we cannot be all things to all people.

In some instances, a case can be effectively made that there are better grades or better brands of certain items that are used in the manufacture of RVs. Each chooses his own. And most importantly, customers vote with their wallets.

While these last couple of years have been very rough on the industry, there are still a lot of RV manufacturers out there. And a lot of accessory and systems companies (Mor-Ryde, HWH, Carefree etc.) as well.

Consumers are in the "driver's seat" on this. We hope they buy Heartland. At the end of the day, the consumer decides what's their "best fit".

Best of luck to you and thank you for your input.

Jim Beletti

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Here Here...
That is called the Capitalistic system.

I hope it stays around for a long time. If you don't like something, fix it, go buy something else but it gets down to one thing. We all are responsible for what we do. Lets keep it that way. This goes for me, Heartland, Lippert and everyone else. Sometimes things are difficult but we as a people collectively can change anything. By ourselves it is more difficult.
BC

We actually talked to Lippert (employee Vaughn Hannings) this morning. He is sending a complete jack system to the repairman. So we'll see what happens after the all is replaced. The only part that was never replaced in the 4 times before was the jacks themselves. So we let you all now how things work once this is completed.

Jack Issue Update

It has been a few weeks since we posted anything regarding the previously stated issues with the Cyclone jack system.This is an update on the issues and repair of the faulty jack system. After numerous phone calls and emails with Heartland & Lippert they decided a complete & new jack assembly would be authorized. To include a HD motor, etc. Lippert decided that a mobile repair unit from them would come down lower Ala and fix the unit at our home. We are fine with that.
Yesterday Lippert's repairman arrived and got to work. He verified that the unit is way to heavy for one electical motor. So right now we have 2 motors on the system. Only problem is that the new motor is working faster than the older one. Which caused a pin to shear off the old jack. So he is still here until the unit is repaired completely. Parts should be here tomorrow. He says that if the newer motor and jack is installed on the (L) side & fails he will then tell Lippert that only option is switch it to hydraulics. All in all he has been very helpful and informative. So we'll see how things go after he gets everything reinstalled. Needless to say the whole system will get a test before he leaves. Raise & lower about 20 times...We do have a year warranty on the new jack system.