Jack Pads

HornedToad

When I had a TT with manual stabilizer jacks I always used wood blocks, I left them on the travel trailer. I figured I wouldn't need them with the 6 point level up... bad idea.

Here are pic's of my trailer in storage, under cover, after a gully washer. My neighbor two stalls down, who bought my old Torque, had the right idea... his trailer didn't sink in the mud.

Time to get some new jack pads!!!

Attachments

• Jacks 1.jpg
    Jacks 1.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 226
  • Jacks 2.jpg
    Jacks 2.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Jacks 5.jpg
    Jacks 5.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 211

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Consider making some like these. Reduces the amount of jack extension needed by almost 6" and are very stable. They're 12" lengths of pressure treated 4x4 with 5/4" deck board on top. And they won't blow around in the truck bed as you go down the highway.

View attachment 30341

pegmikef

I made mine out of two pieces of number 1 yellow pine 2 x 12s, 12 inches wide and used a screen door handle on each of them to make them easier to carry.

Attachments

• landingPad.JPG
    landingPad.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 94

wdk450

I have 2 sets of the "Lego" style pads, and have gotten so fed up with my old electric telescoping sections and pins sticking that I have started using at least 4 of these pads on each foot, and not using the leg telescoping function. One less frustration in setting up.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Consider making some like these. Reduces the amount of jack extension needed by almost 6" and are very stable. They're 12" lengths of pressure treated 4x4 with 5/4" deck board on top. And they won't blow around in the truck bed as you go down the highway.

View attachment 30341

I had to chuckle at the comment "won't blow around...". A few years ago were in the front of a convoy of three RVs heading from the DC area up to Lancaster, PA. As we were going around the DC beltway I thought I saw something like a flying saucer briefly in my rear view mirror. In a minute or two I got a phone call from the RV behind me. Seems I was launching the square yellow pads out of the back of the truck. I had put a stack of them in there when hooking up the RV and forgot they were there when we pulled out. At around 55 MPH they stared flying out. Fortunately they all headed off to the side of the highway. But the RVs behind me were sweating it a little. Lost five of the little suckers. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
I only use pads occasionally, depending on the terrain.

I got lucky enough to score some marine storage rack oak. 2 1/4" thick almost 10" wide and I cut them to about 18" long. I keep the front gear board in the propane compartment. Just enough room to slide them in, and it doesn't matter if they are wet.

No flying around for these boards.

priorguy

My local Tractor Supply puts those on sale once a month. A friend did his basement floor with them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjs731

I just bought one of the horse stall mats and made myself a set since I had just thrown some wood ones away that were split. I'll see how they work. My other blocks have always been a little longer than 12". I cut 4 of the strips 12" long and 2 of the strips 18" long.

Steve and Carrie
HOC#2252
2012 Sundance 3300CK
2007 GMC 2500 HD Duramax
Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk