Jeff Couch's RV Nation

danemayer

When our Landmark was ordered, the factory had to put the order into a queue, place orders for cabinets and counters, appliances, subsystems, furniture, etc. and then schedule a build start date that matched availability of all the parts. Some things, water heaters for example, can be stocked as they only use a few part numbers across the various models. Others, like cabinets and counters are custom made for each model - and there are many, many models - too many to stock parts.

If you tour the factory, you'll see that all builds in a particular plant essentially proceed at the same speed. If the work at one station were completed faster than expected, there's nowhere for that unit to go until the following station opens up. So one particular unit can't be rushed through the build process any faster than all the units in front of it.

Bohemian

Actually, in the real world, it probably means that the manufacturers probaly don't start them on the date that they told you they were going to start building it, and rush it through the factory a week later than when they told you it would be done!

Most of the people here that have major issues, it seems, ordered them from the factory . . . not bought it off of a dealers lot!

If you don't believe me . . . take a poll!

Repeating yourself doesn't make it true. (or false)

danemayer

If there are two trailers moving through manufacturing, one after the other, the first could be a dealer order that's going to go on the lot. The second could be your custom order. If there's a reason to think the people building the trailers know the difference, or if they would care if they did know, it's not obvious to me.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Actually, in the real world, it probably means that the manufacturers probaly don't start them on the date that they told you they were going to start building it, and rush it through the factory a week later than when they told you it would be done!

Most of the people here that have major issues, it seems, ordered them from the factory . . . not bought it off of a dealers lot!

If you don't believe me . . . take a poll!

*** We ordered as we knew what we wanted and what we were willing to pay for. We also knew that we did not want some looky loo going through our future unit tracking no telling what in to it and possibly breaking more on it. We also did not have any major issues and were told when it went on and came off of the line but that may have been cause we had a good dealer and decent salesman. In fact I have read more problems here from people who have bought off the lot where dealers did not do any pm on the units on their lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I don't believe that either...whether off the lot or ordered...what makes the difference between problems or not is the lack of a good PDI!! The best PDI we ever had was with our ordered Landmark, and we've had virtually zero issues....