Jensen TV picture is intermittent when using the antenna

Chief1125

If I play a DVD in the Jenson stereo/sound system (not sure what else to call it) all is fine with the picture and sound.. When I have the antenna on watching TV after about 10-15 min the video goes out, audio keeps working. The only way to get the picture back on is to turn the TV off for a second then turn it back on. Then the same cycle seems to happen again although the times vary somewhat. Anyone ever see this? Not sure how to tell if it's the antenna or amplifier or Jenson sound system I really do not understand how they are associated with each other.

2010 Heartland Sundance TT 32FK

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When the picture goes out, look to see if the little red antenna amp light is still on.

Also, check your antenna coax connections at all of the splitters and in the wall plate where the TV is connected, and even up on the roof at the antenna.

Maybe even try a different TV hooked up at the same spot to see if it does the same thing.

My guess, however, is that it may be time for a new TV.

I suggest Visio . . . we have four of them (two in the house and two in the Prowler) and have no problems with any of them.

Chief1125

The red amp light was/is still on when the video goes out. When I get back from this short trip to VA I will pull the TV off the wall mount to check the connections and also try another TV. Thanks

whp4262

My Jensen tv was doing that as well. In my case it was the tv that was bad and cost more to fix then it was worth so I just replaced it. The first issue I had with it was it would turn on all by itself, usually in the middle of the night. Jensen sent me a software update that fixed that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk