Just bought a 2015 Ashland

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
My wife and I just signed the papers to buy a 2015 Ashland in Albuquerque. This unit has been sitting on the lot for the last couple of months and it had everything we wanted including the dish washer. The only issue and it is minor is we would of preferred a different exterior color scheme but a bird in the hand and it still looks great. On Monday they will be doing the dealer prep and I hope to be picking it up on Wednesday. On December 21st we head off to Newport Beach, CA to spend the holidays with most of our kids (6 out of 7).
ANE70833A.jpg

jimtoo

HI Fred and Eileen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go for PDI, or to pick it up, do a very good, slow inspection. Check everything from top to bottom and front to back. Make sure everything operates and you can operate everything. Have them have the water hooked up and check for leaks and even draining the tanks. Just check it all.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit after you take possession, you can find the answer most likely right here using the search option. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced. Sometimes that is the fastest way to find an answer instead of waiting on someone to reply. While you are getting acquainted with the forum try out the search tab for fun.

Also we have a great owners manuals and Heartland User Guide area in the Tools tab at top of page. A lot of the guides are written by members or owners that actually used the subject.

And we also have the best folks in the rv world right here to help out with opinions and suggestions.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

fredwrichardson

We very much appreciate all the help we have gotten using the forum. The plan is to spend a complete day (8 hours) going through everything at the dealer. We are also going to park it next to our house (we have four acres), hook it up and spend a couple of nights simulating a stay at a RV park. I do have a question about the forum site that I cannot find anywhere. How do you upload photos to add to your signature? Thanks.

jjwink

What is the pricing on this unit? Can't seem to get any info without a direct contact with dealers. We are just looking at this time-maybe next year.

danemayer

What is the pricing on this unit? Can't seem to get any info without a direct contact with dealers. We are just looking at this time-maybe next year.
Here's a link to the MSRP price sheet. Forum rules don't permit posting dealer prices.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I do have a question about the forum site that I cannot find anywhere. How do you upload photos to add to your signature? Thanks.
Click on "Settings" at the top right of the page.
Then scroll down a bit and on the left side you will see "Edit Profile Picture".
If you have the picture on your computer click "Choose File".
Take note of the picture size limit.
Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

At the top right of the page is your name, "my profile" "settings", click settings and then on the left side you will see "my settings" find edit signature and you should be able to make it happen.

If you find anything wrong during the PDI, try to have it fixed before you take it off the lot... or at least get the dealer to sign off that it has been reported before you take it.

Yep,, spending a couple of nights in it will get you familiar with it.

Enjoy the Landmark and keep us informed... also you get the first year of Heartland Owners Club free, but you don't get a plaqe or anything,,, but you can attend a rally when you want. Think of joining us at a rally.. lots of fun and great people.

Jim M

fredwrichardson

Jerry and Judy - I think we are not suppose to talk pricing on the forums but if you send me a private message I will share what I can with you. Also if you look at the units on RV Trader it will give you an idea what the real price is.

fredwrichardson

Jim - thanks for the instructions. Got it fixed. Also we want the plaque so if we pay for full membership do we get one?

Thanks again,

Fred

jbeletti

Jim - thanks for the instructions. Got it fixed. Also we want the plaque so if we pay for full membership do we get one?

Thanks again,

Fred

Fred and Eileen - congratulations on the new LM 365 Ashland!

Yes, the full-membership gets you the plaque/frame and badges.

Love the Ashland. I'll be getting one in late February.

fredwrichardson

Jim,

Just signed up for full membership. Got to have that plaque. You run a great forum here and we are looking forward to using our Ashland. Also glad to hear that great minds think a like with us both picking the Ashland. Hope to see you at one of the rallies.

Thanks,

Fred

jbeletti

Fred,

You and Eileen "have to" make it to some rallies in 2015. You'll thank me later :)

The Ashland, being a split bath layout, is not for everyone, but we love split-bath layouts in our RV. I've had a few of them now. I have also had the all-in-one baths that most people prefer, and LM 365 will have several of them in 2015.

By the way, your Club Manager, Julie Hancock and her husband, our Southeast Region Director, Dave Yocum, just got an Ashland. It came into their dealer this week and they pick it up any day now.

Good times!

fredwrichardson

Jim,

With the pocket doors the shower can be as private as an enclosed bathroom but can give big people (I'm 6' 6" and my wife is 6') the extra space so you don't feel like you are in a closet. Also it is nice when you need to use the toilet that you can have some privacy from the shower. We love the layout.

Fred