Just hooked up to our new BH 3875FB

Georgia_Biker

We traveled to McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV in Ashland, VA on Thursday to pick up our new BH3875FB. We traded in our 2 year old 3610RE which we had really enjoyed. We had seen the FB at a CW in Ocala, FL while we were looking at the Landmark 365.I guess to put it in a nutshell this is the "Poor Man's" Landmark.Ordering a new Rig from the factory is the only way to to get what you really want. Many dealers have stock units but, you have to settle. Shop all around the country for the best deals. There are many dealers that understand this.This FB's front bath is the most awesome thing - the additional room in the bath area and also having the bedroom together makes it seem like it's own little apartment. Having the second half bath off the kitchen is another bonus (you know us guys like our own spot). The theater seats are great, love the island in the kitchen and the residential refrigerator has made my wife very happy. I could go on and on but I must say we are pleased and excited.We picked our rig up on Thursday and are staying at Americamps RV Resort in Ashland about 2 miles from the dealer. We decided to stay a few days in case something went wrong - so far Nothing But Good! We will leave out on Monday and stay out until the first of August.Nothing but, good things to say about McGeorge Rolling Hills RV - it's a shame you have to go this far from Atlanta to find a good RV dealer but, they are first class!See ya'll somewhere soon.

Attachments

• Big Horn6.jpg
    Big Horn6.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 156
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Big Horn8.jpg
    Big Horn8.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Big Horn10.jpg
    Big Horn10.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Big Horn9.jpg
    Big Horn9.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 142

Hogladyrider

Re: Just hooked up to our new BH 2875FB

We feel and understand your excitement!

We ordered our 3875FB in March and picked it up in May, from the dealer in Michigan. We traded our 2009 3600RL Big Horn for our FB and WE LOVE IT!

This will be our full time rig as soon as our house sells.

Yes, you guys love having your own spot that's for sure!

The only issue we are finding is the mattress is going to have to be replaced but we understand there is no way to satisfy everyone's sleeping needs. I have added a 3" gel topper which has helped but eventually we will replace the king mattress.

We love everything about our new 3875FB and we have tons of storage and we really like all the improvements Heartland has made since we purchased our 2009 Big Horn.

We have the basic std paint job with black awning covers and awning and all vinyl flooring. We love the 6 pt level up system.

We have our 5th wheel in a park in Silver Springs, FL and we use it every weekend until our house sells.

Enjoy your new rig, these front baths are tops!
Susan

bighorn3370

Very nice. Hope all goes well. I do like the look of the newer bighorns.

Snow

We traveled to McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV in Ashland, VA on Thursday to pick up our new BH3875FB. We traded in our 2 year old 3610RE which we had really enjoyed. We had seen the FB at a CW in Ocala, FL while we were looking at the Landmark 365.I guess to put it in a nutshell this is the "Poor Man's" Landmark.Ordering a new Rig from the factory is the only way to to get what you really want. Many dealers have stock units but, you have to settle. Shop all around the country for the best deals. There are many dealers that understand this.This FB's front bath is the most awesome thing - the additional room in the bath area and also having the bedroom together makes it seem like it's own little apartment. Having the second half bath off the kitchen is another bonus (you know us guys like our own spot). The theater seats are great, love the island in the kitchen and the residential refrigerator has made my wife very happy. I could go on and on but I must say we are pleased and excited.We picked our rig up on Thursday and are staying at Americamps RV Resort in Ashland about 2 miles from the dealer. We decided to stay a few days in case something went wrong - so far Nothing But Good! We will leave out on Monday and stay out until the first of August.Nothing but, good things to say about McGeorge Rolling Hills RV - it's a shame you have to go this far from Atlanta to find a good RV dealer but, they are first class!See ya'll somewhere soon.
So glad for you ,if you were like me you didn't sleep much last wednesday lol what a beautiful unit,and good to here good things about McGeorge that's were we got our big country vary nice people Mr snow was our sales person ,hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours ,⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Sniper

Congratulations and enjoy! What a nice looking rig. Safe travels to you.

Georgia_Biker

Susan-

Believe it or not the Heartland King mattress we had in our BH3610RE was great and my wife had a memory foam topper on it. It slept better than the bed in our house. One night on the new mattress was terrible!
The next morning I called Mark "TAZ" Tazelaar, our salesman, and asked if I could swap mattresses and he said sure. I went back over to the dealership with my mattress and TAZ met me in the parking lot at my trade-in and helped me swap out.
We also purchased four Pacific Coast Medium and Firm pillows - talk about a comfortable bed - WOW!

The BH3875B is awesome-

Garypowell

I love your rigs layout! We too bought our rig at McGregors 2.5 years ago. Called them Friday with a question and was treated like family!

Wmnmy

Congrats on the new BH we traded up too we live in Las Vegas and found ours at CW New Mexico with everything we wanted absolutely love our new rig ...

clayhud

Larry & Sharon,

Nice looking 3500 & coach! Cannot wait to see it when you return. Have fun and see you soon!

etcmss

am interested in the FB unit but there is not one close by to see------what kind of room is there between the bed and the walls in the bedroom? 18 inch? 24 inch?
Gary

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

That is one beautiful rig Larry and Sharon! Enjoy and safe travels!

Rod

MCTalley

am interested in the FB unit but there is not one close by to see------what kind of room is there between the bed and the walls in the bedroom? 18 inch? 24 inch?
Gary

With a king mattress, about six inches on the front/bathroom side, maybe fifteen or so on the back/stairs side. Assuming the Bighorn and Big Country share the same exact layout (I think they do). We cut down to a queen so we would have more room to get around the bed.

etcmss

With a king mattress, about six inches on the front/bathroom side, maybe fifteen or so on the back/stairs side. Assuming the Bighorn and Big Country share the same exact layout (I think they do). We cut down to a queen so we would have more room to get around the bed.

thanks --that is what the Big Horn has.

Hogladyrider

We have a Big Horn FB with a king bed and I sleep on the front/bathroom side and at first I thought "oh no I will never be able to get in and out of bed let along make the bed".

It appeared that there was less space on either side of the king bed than we had in our 2009 Big Horn 3600RL and I was not able to make the bed/change bedding by myself.

Well I was PLEASANTLY surprised and THRILLED with our 2016 big Horn FB, I have more than enough room on my side of the bed, which is the narrowest, and I am no skinny minnie. I also have no problem changing the bedding or making up the bed all by myself.

I will say that the I Sleep mattress is not any better than the mattress that came in our 2009 Big Horn. With that being said I understand completely that the mfg can't make everyone happy.

Despite adding a 3" gel topper we still are experiencing sleeping issues due to the original mattress so I am about to pull the trigger and order a new mattress from Amazon.

Our mattress is a full size king 76x80 not an RV king which is 72x80.

Susan