Just Road tripped to Elkhart to pick up my new 3300Ck

Earl_Max

Orderred it last month and Boom....its done! Heartland has knocked it out of the park on this one.
The current version colors and layout are great. Great Lakes RV Center was great to deal with.
A couple of surprises that popped up.
  • Hide a bed couches are no longer air inflatables. Instead, a clever non traditional hide-a-bed. NICE!!
  • The toy box in the bunk house is gone. This was disappointing.:(
  • New layout for the outside kitchen, fridge is moved forward, slide out table instead of jack-knife fold out.NICE.
  • Grill included for the outside kitchen. I got mixed messages from the dealer and literature on this. NICE.
  • The struts on the outside kitchen are now less powerfull = won't knock out the kids. NICE
  • Color accented wheel skirts, nice touch and classy.
  • The showers are still cheasy looking and I can see that I will have some work to do here!!!!!!!!:(

This trailer pulls OUTSTANDING for 11300 dry weight. I recorded 13.88 mpg pulling this with my '07 Duramax LBZ. That is hand calculated and my odometer is calibrated to the GPS. This thing is slick.
My previous trailer was a 28Bh Forest River Wildcat weighing several thousand pounds less. I never got over 13 mpg pulling it.

Is spring here yet?

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Congrats on the new rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jayc

Legendary Member
Earl_Max- please consider joining the Owners club and coming to the Iowa rally that is being held in the Amana Colonies in October. Sign up HERE.

jbeletti

Earl,

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the Heartland family. As Jay suggests, consider joining the club and by all means, register for the Iowa rally for next fall. Fun times!

Jim

jimtoo

HI Earl,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. This is link to info about the Heartland Owners Club, well worth the bucks to join. Discount on parts and not to mention... all the great food at rallies and the folks you will meet and make friends for a life time.

Jim M

b3berg

Congrats on the new Sundance. We purchased the same model last spring and love most everything about the camper. What part of Iowa are you from?

Earl_Max

Congrats on the new Sundance. We purchased the same model last spring and love most everything about the camper. What part of Iowa are you from?

We are from Monticello.
I'm sure we will love ours to. I'm a little PO'd at the moment however. I looked at it Saturday and I had an ICEBERG prodtruding from the waste dump. Apparantly they did not winterize the unit fully as I had been told and as the sticker on the door indicates. It blew off the lid, but so far that looks like the only damage. I was told by the salesman to bring it to my nearest heartland dealer. That would make a pretty expensive sewer cap. Nice.