Karma - Valve Stems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I once frequented a firearm forum that did what they called "Karma" giveaways. Basically these were items people had on hand that they did not want or need and they passed them on to others who could use the item(s) through kind of an informal drawing.

Checking the forum rules and policies I could find nothing that would prohibit doing a similar thing here so I thought I would give it a try. If not appropriate, Mods can simply delete this post.

I have a set of four new steel (Enkie) valve stems (1 1/2 long) that I have no use for. I will mail them to the "winner" of the drawing. This is how it works...if you want to play, simply reply to this post with a "Count me IN" and I will add your name to the jar of the first 50 participants. On Sunday October 2nd, my lovely wife will draw the winner and announce it on this thread. The winner can then email me with an address and I will mail the valves! All there is to it!

Best Wishes!

Valve Stems.jpg

jimtoo

Hi Steve,

Sounds like a good deal to me. But I think who ever gets it should be willing to pay a little postage,,, just my thought.

As a Mod, I don't have a problem with it, but I am not the boss. For now I will leave it posted, I did move it to the "Around the Campfire" area as this area will encompass just about anything. When you have reached the 50 participants please post a notice and then post whose name was drawn and let me or a mod know and then I think the thread should be closed. Then if someone else wants to do the same they can start a new thread.

Maybe Jim B will start an area for "Give Aways" or something like that or maybe he will not want this at all.

For now, let's go with it.

Jim M

SJH

Thanks Jim! I have no problem with the postage being part of the Karma...as long as they aren't going overseas! I forgot this is a much bigger forum than the other one...international to boot! :eek:

jimtoo

Yes,, in my opinion winner should be willing to pay postage or freight, (Actual charges) but that is up to the giver,, after all the item will be free. Also like you, set a date of not more than 7 or 10 days from initial post or the first 50 responders which ever is first.

Jim M

hoefler

Sounds like a great idea. Makes me want to look around the shop and get rid of some of the things I thought I could use but didn't. Thanks.

wingfoot

Steve, what a great idea..I too need to look around at my surplus/duplicated items..get rid of some stuff and give it to someone that can use it..

Great idea

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Steve, I don't need them....but Maybe we could get JB to start a place so one could post items they have. That way we could check the items every day and get in on the bidding so to speak. I know I have extra stuff. Sometimes you would not have to even pay postage if you would/could meet up at a rally. It's a great idea.

SJH

We have about 10 players so far but it's only Tuesday! We will draw the winning name at noon on Sunday! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.