Keyless Entry on 2011 Big Horn

Ornofrk

I am a new Big Horn owner. I picked up our 3670RL last week. When I attempted to change the keyless entry code from the default code to a new code, it did not work. The instructions to do this are complicated and I obviously screwed it up! The new code I entered does not work. Now I can't get the key pad to open or close the lock! Per the Southco flyer in the owner's package, if you loose or forget the code, you have to contact Southco. I sent them an e-mail and they said they would have their technical person contact me. To date, they have not responded. Does anyone know how to fix this? In other words, cancel whatever code is in the system (which I do not now know) and enter a new code?

jimtoo

Hi Ornofrk,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I do not know the answer to your problem, but someone will jump in soon to give you a hand I'm sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

ChopperBill

I had the same problem with ours. I found the provide instruction to be hard to read( been copied a zillion times) and inaccurate. Here is a pdf link of the way to program the door and it Works! Key less entry

Willym

We had trouble with ours until I discovered that the keypad battery was loose in it's holder. Try taking it out and see if it is secure. If not, bend the little fingers in the holder a little to ensure good battery contact. You should also do the keycode programming in low light so that you can see the keypad lights more easily. If you made a mistake in the programming, then the factory default codes should still work.