King Dish / Wally Receiver Install

Nurseotter

Help! Trying to get this to work.... if I hook the King directly in to the receiver it works.... BUT when I hook into the trailer like I'm supposed to it doesn't work....
d23ef9b089a13f44a324e2b27bad6d19.jpg
1e0743448c118411b7554ae7ec662f96.jpg
f4271910d8e904688198ad5d8d9a8943.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

danemayer

The picture appears to be the signal booster where the wiring from over-the-air antenna and cable TV input come together. On that wall plate, there is sometimes also a satellite connection, but that's the connection that would go to your satellite receiver.

The dish needs to be connected to a coax connector on the exterior or in the Universal Docking Center (UDC).

What year/model/floor plan is your RV?

Nurseotter

It's connected on the outside to where the satellite/cable is supposed to come in.... that's what we were told.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect that your trailer is not wired for satellite. Although your coax plate shows a connector for satellite it does not have a coax for satrllite hooked up to it.
Also, normally there is a separate connector for each cable and satellite.
And one thing worth noting is that the specs for the Pioneer RL 250 states there is cable hookup but no mention of satellite.
You should be able to mod a hookup for a satellite.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

If there's only 1 coax connector on the exterior, it's for cable TV, not for satellite. That connection won't work for satellite signals because of the frequency differences and that the signal from the cable TV connector goes through the signal booster.

If you don't have a satellite connection on the outside, you'll either have to add a connector on the exterior, going into the trailer, or pass the cable through a window using a flat cable like this.

Nurseotter

This really bites because Camping World sold me the dish set up and told me my TT was satellite ready. I'm finding that Camping World is a bunch o' liars about several things....

justafordguy

Most camping world guys have no clue nor do they care after the sale.

If you plan to only use satellite you can probably use the outside cable hookup but you will need to unhook the other end of that coax from the booster and just hook it to the satellite passthrough connector on that plate.