King Pin Lock

Oregon_Camper

Just looking for a recommendation on a king pin lock.

I see a lot on Amazon, so I figured asking the experts here was a wise choice. :cool:

OEFVET

I've been reading all the posts in this stream and my question is: Why a Pinbox lock? Do people actually hook up to and attempt to steal rigs? Forgive my ignorance here. Are we talking about campgrounds or when stored off season?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
There have been a few cases of theft, both from storage lots and from dealers. The pin lock will discourage the thrives from picking yours to steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

I have one...very seldom attach it. I'm not even sure where it's stored. Hummmm, maybe I'll look for it.

Oregon_Camper

I've been reading all the posts in this stream and my question is: Why a Pinbox lock? Do people actually hook up to and attempt to steal rigs? Forgive my ignorance here. Are we talking about campgrounds or when stored off season?

We camp in VERY remote locations...where next camper is maybe 1-2 miles away. We leave for 2-3 hours at a time while riding dirt bikes. I wanted this to ensure someone couldn't take the trailer while we are away.

pegmikef

I selectively use one depending on the environment I am in . . . remote area or almost empty (no rigs nearby) public parks and campgrounds.

SeattleLion

I selectively use one depending on the environment I am in . . . remote area or almost empty (no rigs nearby) public parks and campgrounds.

We use it all the time because we would feel horrible if someone took our rig and we didn't protect it.

dlw930

I use our lock while our coach is in storage and pretty much like pegmikef. I didn't use a lock at a rally this past week b/c we were parked next to pegmikef and I knew they would watch our rig like a hawk!! lol

wdk450

We camp in VERY remote locations...where next camper is maybe 1-2 miles away. We leave for 2-3 hours at a time while riding dirt bikes. I wanted this to ensure someone couldn't take the trailer while we are away.

Last year in Stockton, Ca. a guy with a pickup truck rammed through the gates of an RV dealer, hitched up to a 5th wheel, and took off (caught on surveillance camera, but no burglar alarms). The same guy came back 2 hours later and took another 5th wheel.

happykraut

Last year in Stockton, Ca. a guy with a pickup truck rammed through the gates of an RV dealer, hitched up to a 5th wheel, and took off (caught on surveillance camera, but no burglar alarms). The same guy came back 2 hours later and took another 5th wheel.
Almost the same thing happened to the dealer I bought my first Heartland from in Columbia, MO. I know this to be a fact. They caught the crooks camped a few miles down the road.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a friend have his bumper-pull trailer stolen from its stored location, no hitch-lock. It was recovered, trashed, used as a mobile meth lab.