Kitchen faucet---binding when turning

aatauses

Hi everyone,
It may be time to replace the kitchen faucet, but thought I would ask this group for advice. We have a BH 3670 and the kitchen faucet is starting to bind when turning it right to left and vice versa---not the handle to turn on the water, but the whole turning mechanism to turn from right to left. I think?? it may be from hard water and maybe just some "junk" on the cylinder. Wondering if anyone has taken this apart and how to do it, along with some type of lubricant?
thanks
al
currently in Kenai, AK

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
aatauses, before we replaced our fixture, I had the same problem. WD40 or PB Blaster sprayed at the bottom of the fixture helped. Just keep working it back and forth and it will loosen up. It's been a while so I don't remember how it's held together. I know the handle comes off after loosening a set screw behind the little plastic button under the lever. I think there's a large brass ring that unscrews to remove the valve unit. But you can't remove the cylinder. You can raise it up a bit and squirt WD down there though. Be sure to turn off the water supply first.