Kitchen faucet leak

Bobby A

We have the tall kitchen faucet and it leaks at the base onto the counter top, anyone know how to repair this ?? I'm not sure how to take this thing apart. Thanks you,
Bobby A

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The faucet in our Big Country kitchen also started leaking awhile back and we were in the same boat as you - how do you fix it. The fix - go to camping world and buy a faucet that works best for your needs. DW wanted a single handle, pull nossle and waalaa - there it was. Replacing the old one was pretty simple in that the new one fits where the other one was. Pretty EZ. Good luck.

Bobby A

Thanks Nabo, I will consider that, I may look at Home Depot or Lowes first. I'm surprised I only had 1 reply from this Thread, are you and I the only ones that have a leaky kitchen faucet ?? I thought for sure I would have a bunch of posts with a repair method, other than your of course.
Safe travel,
Bobby A

talley

Thanks Nabo, I will consider that, I may look at Home Depot or Lowes first. I'm surprised I only had 1 reply from this Thread, are you and I the only ones that have a leaky kitchen faucet ?? I thought for sure I would have a bunch of posts with a repair method, other than your of course.
Safe travel,
Bobby A

Fear not... you are not alone ! Just came across the thread. I tried to repair this faucet, but just ended up wasting time. The faucet in my 2006 BH leaked and after failed efforts went to Lowe's and bought new faucet. Also installed two 1/4 turn cu-off in the two supply lines under the sink. The cut-off valves have "push on" connector to the plastic supply line. I then used the braided stainless covered supply lines from Lowe's to connect to the new faucet. The new faucet has a smooth braided stainless covered "pull-out" spray head hose. Much nicer and quieter than the original metal ribbed hose. Don't remember the price, but I think it was about $70 to 80. They have a good selection

As I recall I could not find repair parts at local stores. Also only problem in the install was the very tight quarters in my BH. Hope you have more room or more flexiability.

Good luck, Jerry

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Safe travel,
Bobby A

Hey, Bobby. From my experience with home faucets, usually the only repair is replacing valve seals. Beyond that, replacement is usually the repair. I recently had a leak under the BH bathroom faucet. Traced it back to the aerator being not fully seated after I temporarily removed it to put a hose adapter in it. Seems if the aerator is not TIGHTLY seated that some of the water can flow back into the faucet housing and out under it via the supply line openings. Plastic inside, too. I may have to go for a cast metal faucet, 4" spread, and replace it.