Kitchen Faucet Pressure

trackeer

Anyone run into the issue of low water pressure at the Kitchen Faucet, seems we have decent pressure at all the other locations, I'm actually looking for a easy solution, lol. Already checked the head for clogs and it's fine, I'll reserve the basement looksie as a last resort as I'm not sure it will be pleasent getting under and disassembling stuff :confused:.

Thanks in Advance for Your Suggestions

Moe in NH

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Anyone run into the issue of low water pressure at the Kitchen Faucet, seems we have decent pressure at all the other locations, I'm actually looking for a easy solution, lol. Already checked the head for clogs and it's fine, I'll reserve the basement looksie as a last resort as I'm not sure it will be pleasent getting under and disassembling stuff :confused:.

Thanks in Advance for Your Suggestions

Moe in NH

Don't go ripping the plumbing apart. My kitchen faucet also seems to be lower pressure than the shower or lavatory faucet. Probably due to it being at the end of the line of a lot of 1/2" PEX and small plastic PEX fittings. And this is on city water with ample pressure.

gpshemi

My last Keystone product had flex lines at the faucet (good idea) and they were looped too tight and kinked (bad execution).
Check under the sink for grins.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We took delivery of our new BC 4 weeks ago and had the same problem. After unscrewing the end cap of the faucet off, we found that the mesh screens were clogged up with some kind of blue gooey stuff to the point that almost no water was coming thru. After soaking in cleaner and getting a toothbrush to brush the screens we now have normal pressure.

Last edited:

Vtxkid

Sounds like something is preventing the flow... you should have decent pressure coming out of the Kitchen faucet... Two good ideas mentioned above to check out. Hopefully, one of them will be your problem... Good luck!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Then again, it might be something like this hookup in a BC at the plant. The plastic PEX fittings have smaller orifices than brass ones do. Add in a 90 degree bend, and you're lucky anything flows. If you have this, it might be possible to replace the 90's with straight brass fittings and eliminate that restriction. This was to the kitchen sink, by the way.

trackeer

Some good ideas,

I did remove the sink faucet head and ran the water with very little pressure, I will try the other alternatives.
I understand limited flow at t's etc but I would think these would be the same at the other locations in the camper and would cause similar resrictions, but this is our first camper so there is always things to learn.;)