Kitchen faucet sprayer leaking - worth a warranty claim?

Hutch85

So, after 4 trips with our 2015 Wilderness, the kitchen faucet's removable sprayer is leaking - there's a "button" on the side of the sprayer that changes the spray pattern, and water squirts out of the button's rubber cover when the taps are on. The cover doesn't have a hole in it, but the end seems to have come out of the sprayer housing rather easily.

Can't say I'm too surprised given it seems to be a rather cheap plastic faucet, it's not a big thing but we've only had the trailer 9 months and it's not like we're hard on it (and I do use a water pressure regulator connected to the city water supply). Not sure it's worth the time and effort to make a warranty claim for it, if we're just going to get a similar-quality replacement - the hot water tap squeaks when you turn it too. Perhaps I'll just look for a better-quality replacement from Home Depot or Rona, easy enough to swap it out.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Some things are worth a warranty claim . . . others aren't.

And this is one that is not.

Replace it with a faucet that you really want instead of the cheap plastic ones that come from the factory as that is what you'll get under warranty.

I already replaced our bathroom faucet before we even took our new Prowler out for the first time . . . the kitchen faucet will be swapped out soon!

mbopp

I replaced the bathroom faucet in our NT before we took the first trip in it. If the kitchen faucet gives me grief I'll replace it also.

No, not worth the time for a warranty claim.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Although I suppose you could make the claim and keep the replacement faucet to put back in the trailer when you sell it or trade it in!

Hutch85

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, didn't think it was worth the effort for a claim... I'll just replace it with something better, don't mind if it goes with the trailer if we ever decide to sell. Entertaining the idea of replacing the bathroom faucet as well.

We replaced the stubby little faucet that was in our tent trailer with a nice tall one, so much easier for filling water bottles & pots, and washing dishes.

KFPD404

Yea just replace, those plastic ones are junk . dealer even told us upon predelivery that they break real easy and to consider replacement to a good one