Kitchen slide out will not retract and makes gear grinding noise

Les6505

Hi,

We have an Elkridge Extreme Light E25 model which we imported into the UK last year and to date it has worked perfectly.

We are prepping the unit up for a trip around Europe next week and have just been testing the slide outs low and behold the door side kitchen unit refused to retract. It moved in a few inches then made a horrible grinding gear noise and will not move any further.

I can see a chain dive on the top of the slide out and I assume there is another under the floor?

Can anyone direct me to a user manual for this model?

Many thanks for your help.

Les

jimtoo

Hi Les,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

We have a very good manual section on the forum listed at top of page under "Tools". This is link to the manual about slides. Hope this helps and I'm sure some of our other members will join in for help also.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime. I know it would be a long drive for you ,,, but it would be worth the trip.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Jim it might be difficult for him to bring his rig to a rally as he imported it to the UK.

Just got a laugh when I saw your response. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

I know,,, but he could drive it on a boat,,, I did say it would be a long trip.... but to attend a Heartland Owners Rally.. It would be worth it I think. :)

Jim M