Landing gear and slide out malfunction on 2015 Bighorn 3585 RL

Naka

The landing gear and slide outs on my 2015 Bighorn 3585RL stop extending and retracting after a few seconds of operation. I have to wait about 5 to 10 seconds before I can continue to retract or extend the landing gear and or slides. The interior lights have flickered a few times as well when operating the slides. Does anyone have a suggestion for correcting the problem?

jimtoo

Hi Naka,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Most likely you have a weak auto reset breaker. It is located along all the other little breakers with the red rubber covers near your battery. I think it is a 50amp and there have been quite a few that have had the problem. You can get the breakers at some auto parts and almost any rv parts place.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Moving thread to better area also.

danemayer

It may be the mini-circuit breaker near the battery as Jim mentioned, but if the lights are flickering at the same time, you may have a problem at the battery. I'd suggest you check that battery connections are clean and tight and that your battery is in good condition. If you're not sure, you can get it tested at most auto parts stores and auto service centers.

If you have a volt meter, you should see the battery voltage at 13.2 - 13.6 VDC when plugged into shore power, and around 12.6 VDC when not on shore power or connected to the truck.