Ladder mount bike rack

chip33

Is it safe to carry 2 bikes on these ladder mount bike racks on my Big Horn 3370 RK ?

Last edited:

MTPockets

I wouldn’t recommend it. I’ve seen it done and I know my ladder had a sticker that said 300 lb capacity, but all that bouncing back there could pull out the ladder supports... we had a 2” hitch receiver on our Big Horn and bouncing destroyed two bike racks. We were full time and finally did away with the rack and bikes. Short trip for a camping weekend, maybe.

brianlajoie

We used a ladder rack for 2 mountain bikes. I made sure the bikes moved as little as possible. After snapping a bolt on the support to ladder connection, I decided to make a change. I've seen follow member's bike racks fail (both welded and bolted) and a hitch installer would not touch the trailer. They suggested and we installed a class 3 hitch off the front of the truck. No problems since.

CDN

B and B
Dealer installed 2 inch Receiver on both my Bighorn and new Landmark Lousiville.

RV Rated Bike Rack by Swagman

https://www.swagman.net/product/escapee/

Solid as a rock all over 2 lane rough roads. This rack is heavy and designed for E Bikes. 60 lbs.

I have a Hybrid DW bike and my Rocky Mountain 29er on the outside. No where near the weight rating.

fullsizeoutput_2ca.jpgIMG_2478.jpg

Kbvols

Dealer installed 2 inch Receiver on both my Bighorn and new Landmark Lousiville.

RV Rated Bike Rack by Swagman

https://www.swagman.net/product/escapee/

Solid as a rock all over 2 lane rough roads. This rack is heavy and designed for E Bikes. 60 lbs.

I have a Hybrid DW bike and my Rocky Mountain 29er on the outside. No where near the weight rating.

View attachment 61955View attachment 61956

I have the same rack. I absolutely agree with you well built and holds bikes solid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

avvidclif

How many of you have followed an RV with 2 bikes on a rack/ladder/hitch mount and seen what they do?

Oregon_Camper

How many of you have followed an RV with 2 bikes on a rack/ladder/hitch mount and seen what they do?

I watch my WR-450 via the camera on back of RV. Guessing I have around 5,000 mile on RV with motorcycle back there...never moves. Welded to frame with 2 inserts to stop rocking. Have same setup on truck (2 inserts) and carry my wife's motorcycle up there.

Capture2.JPG 20150810_113755.jpg