Ladder rub

DC10-FE

Sts - Sorry it took so long to reply, been tied up with other "issues". To answer your question, yes. I'm in Nor. Cal. I bought the unit at Pan Pacific RV's French Camp location, which is close to Stockton. The sales staff were very good to work with which made for a pretty hassle free purchase. I would recommend them for a purchase. On the other hand, I will no longer take my 3010 to them for service. Approximately 90% of the PDI "repairs" they have done, either had to be redone or I fixed them myself. I have to haul the rig down highway 12 to get to their shop, and if you've ever driven down 12 from Rio Vista to I5, it's not a very smooth ride and can become very time consuming if the draw bridges are in use.

Back to the service dept. My last conversation with them after they supposedly ordered new rails for the couch storage drawers was "I'll check on the order status and you can call me back tomorrow". How about, you check on the status and call ME back with that status? Still have not heard back from them. That was the last conversation I had with them. Keep in mind, this wasn't the first time they said that to me. Their customer service SUCKS and I have never received a call letting me know either the status of the repairs or if it was even ready to be picked up, the actual servicing of the unit is mediocre at best. I have been the one to call them to get any kind of updates. I have taken this trailer into the French Camp dealership on 3 occasions and not once did I receive a courtesy call to let me know it was ready or parts came in. The only notification I've ever received was a parts arrival postcard mailed to me letting me know the parts are in, call in the next 5 days or we will send the parts back. Oh, I take that back, I did get a call once, about 3 hours after I talked to the factory checking on the status of the parts that they already received. This was right after they told me they were still waiting on parts. I would not recommend the French Camp dealership for ANY repairs, whatsoever, based upon my experiences with them.

So, after waiting a month for a status update, I decided to take it to the Roseville dealership. Same company, different personnel. Tony, the service production manager, is better with the updates and a bit more customer friendly. I don't know of any other dealers in Nor Cal that sell or service Cyclones unless there are any farther North towards Red Bluff. I believe there are a couple in the Bay Area towards Gilroy. Hope this helps and sorry for the delay.

As far as the roof/ladder issue. My coach is currently in the shop with the rubber roof membrane removed as a result of the rip. I talked to Tony yesterday and he informed me they were finishing the prep work to install the new roof. He also told me that the ladder comes as a kit the dealer puts together. If that is the case, I told him the best way to fix the ladder rub was take off the L-brackets at the top, cut about an inch off and reinstall the L-brackets. Then, line up the ladder with the side and install the side mount extensions. He mentioned that was his plan to ensure there was enough separation from the rail and roof so as to prevent this from re-occurring. Once I pick up the coach, I'll see how well the new roof install went and post my findings.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Scott, how far are you from "See-Grins". Sorry I dont have Randy's PH # handy. I think he sells all of HL's products and a good guy.

kerinator

Yes, I have the same problem with my 2812. Heartland wants to replace the roof membrane instead of modifying the ladder. They are pretty nonchalant about the problem - the dealer and I are the ones stuck with the problem. I'm not too keen on whether our local dealer can replace the roof membrane and make it as good an installation as the factory (except for the tear that has been patched)..

Any experience with a new unit being torn apart to replace the roof membrane?

Other evidence of shoddy assembly include floor holes for the table legs not in the correct location, mixed up light switches in the main console... oh well, it beats a tent.
Just picked up my 2812 and the table legs for the rear dinette are in the wrong position and the table legs in front of the couch don't line up with either table! Do you know which table is supposed to fit where? My trailer came with a short table and a longer one. Tried calling customer service, but nobody returns my calls.
Thanks
Kerry

DC10-FE

Scott, how far are you from "See-Grins". Sorry I dont have Randy's PH # handy. I think he sells all of HL's products and a good guy.

If it's the "See-Grins" down towards Gilroy, that's about 120 miles from me. The "new" service dept. I took it to in Roseville is turning out to be much more helpful than the "old" dealer. I'm happy with them so far, but I haven't seen the results of their repair work yet as my rig is getting the new roof attached this week. Plus, they are still waiting for the new ladder to come in as well.

stsmark

Hi to all,
Looked at my 2812 and it has about 1/2" clearance on the forward tube. I think the issue is with the placement of the pedestal on the roof itself seems it would be real easy to get it off a 1/2" and bingo the forward tube would chafe the roof.

Scott, thanks for the heads up about Pan Pacific I'm not sure if they would work on mine or not since I bought it from Holman's in Ohio. I went to Roseville and asked about ordering as the bride and I knew just the way we wanted it. The sales manager quoted 8500.00 over Holman's to order. I offered to cover the shipping and give them a couple thousand for the cost of doing business in California. He said it didn't work and then offered the one he had on the lot for 4000.00 less than the order. I didn't go away mad I just went away and had a great trip to the midwest and a blast doing Black Hills and Yellowstone on the way home.

Fyi my 2812 was missing the small table between the chairs and was shipped with the wrong table for the sofa (it was huge) Holman's and Heartland shipped to my house just fine but then the new ones did not have the fittings for the posts installed. Another phone call and I had them in a few days and was able to mount them myself so everything fits. Mine does not have the fittings in the floor between the back sofas they started that I right after mine was built but we bought some and I'll do my own install.

Mark

DC10-FE

Well, I got my 3010 back with the new roof and ladder fixed. Actually, I got it back last month. The repairs seem to have fixed the main concerns. I'm still trying to figure out how they fixed the ladder since they said they didn't need to order a new one. The clearance between the rail and the roof is no longer an issue. I have close to a 2 inch clearance gap now. It almost looks like they moved the mounts that are attached to the roof closer to the edge of the trailer, yet the ladder has no bow in it. I'm not all that concerned about how they did it, but I am VERY happy with the outcome. In celebration, I took it up to Boomtown in Reno for a couple days to take the kids snowboarding. Fun time had by all and I don't have any need or plans to take it back in since my "new" service center has fixed the problems the "old" service center was too inept to fix.

Vtxkid

Well, I got my 3010 back with the new roof and ladder fixed. Actually, I got it back last month. The repairs seem to have fixed the main concerns. I'm still trying to figure out how they fixed the ladder since they said they didn't need to order a new one. The clearance between the rail and the roof is no longer an issue. I have close to a 2 inch clearance gap now. It almost looks like they moved the mounts that are attached to the roof closer to the edge of the trailer, yet the ladder has no bow in it. I'm not all that concerned about how they did it, but I am VERY happy with the outcome. In celebration, I took it up to Boomtown in Reno for a couple days to take the kids snowboarding. Fun time had by all and I don't have any need or plans to take it back in since my "new" service center has fixed the problems the "old" service center was too inept to fix.

Glad to hear that the repair shop fixed it to your liking! Enjoy the open road!

bggrndodge

It is good to hear that Roseville has a good service department, since we will be transferring there next year, we will not have to travel far if we are in need of warranty work.

Lynn1130

I had the same issue with my 3010. I found it after reading this thread. I had it repaired and this is what the invoice said " Ladder rubbing on rubber roof. Top ladder run mounted to low. Remove and remount run and seal hole."

This is something that Heartland should be correcting with new builds.

porthole

Retired
We didn't have any problems till I read this thread 2-3 weeks ago.
The day before we left for the PA-Goshen rallies I found the exact same tear. Duct tape repair so we could get on the road.