Laminate floor?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I had mine done at the dealer, Explore USA in Kyle Texas, they did a real bang up job. I went with the wood look. They said it would be better to leave the carpet on the slide part so that is what I did. Another Question, wonder how hard it would be to replace the carpet in the bed room and the slide?

It's not hard at all. It just takes some fore thought before you go running off with your skilsaw.

imchud

When we picked up our 3385 lasr year one of the things that had to be replaced was the kitchen floor, it had a small slice about 3 inches long... Thay said the factory woud replace it, we asked if they would cove the replacement in a liminate floor... They said the factory would replace the cost of the floor in the original material, I think the money the factory gave us was 600.00 that was put in for the new laminate floor... The dealer had the new floor done by a outside company, we also paid a little extra to have the same floor put into the bathroom... Out of pocket cost was about 200.00... I think most of the cost was due to labor, but it sure looks great.

Laminate in main Living area.

I installed it a year ago and we love it. With grandkids it is so much easier to maintain. The slide has put a couple of groves in it but not to bad. Looks great. I left the carpet in the slide area. This is a Landmark Golden Gate. I would like to replace the carpet in the slides with a darker carpet I thought about using strips of velcro to keep it in place so that it can be removed for cleaning?
Here's a biggee: Anyone tried putting a laminate floor in the main living area?

I know you have to leave carpet in the slideouts to effect a good seal, but I'd much rather not have carpet in the main area from the kitchen back to the rear window.

Seems like putting in a laminate floor in that area wouldn't be difficult - there aren't any obstructions in that part. The main thing is you'd have to provide some sort of protection scheme for the slideout runs (and make sure they clear, of course.

Would like to order it from the factory with a laminate floor, but I'm not getting a good response from dealers on this. So, may have to roll up my sleeves and do it myself....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray, did you put the laminate on top of the original tile from the factory, or did you remove it first?
Goldenbetty, I removed the vinyl. I also had to eliminate the rounded part of the carpet right adjacent to the door so I could use the transition trim. I couldn't make the transition from laminate to carpet curved so I angled it. To do that I had to pull all the staples holding the carpet down and then I removed the vinyl under the carpet about 6" past the carpets edge. Once I put the laminate and the transition trim down, I re-stapled the carpet along the edge of the trim.

Attachments

• Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 54
  • After.JPG
    After.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 53