Land 'o Lincoln

jbeletti

Hey Charlie - were you staying there? I saw no Heartland products there that day. We store ours on a seasonal site next to the RV dump. Not very glamorous but an easy-in/easy-out site. We overnighted there Sunday and left Monday afternoon.

Did you see my flag? I guy on a golf cart, at 1:30 am with music blaring, beats on my door to ask if we are alright. He said my flag was flying upside down and wondered also if I was un-American. Uh..... no. But he was right - I hung that baby upside down :eek: I re-attached old glory after "dude" left.

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Jim...too funny! However, Ken just told me that apparently an upside down flag is a "sign of distress"...didn't know that...guess the guy was looking out for ya!! Too bad it was 1:30 in the morning though...LOL:eek:

jbeletti

I think I have heard that too Kathy. But I think this guy was looking for some trouble. Too many beers.

Yeah, I'm in trouble in the RV. But hold on guy with a knife on me, I need to flip my flag, I'll be right back in :)

Wait till I hand my new "way cool" Heartland Owners Club flag - I won't accidentally hang it upside down.

jbeletti

I will be much more careful when hanging our nation's flag from now on - that's for sure. And of course, when flying the Club flag at the same time, the Club flag will take the lower position.

charliehorse

We arrived Sat. evening so as to attend a wedding in Evanstan on Sunday p.m. we were "hid out" in site #1. We took our yellow lab for a couple of walks - polite wayto "be noisy" - we pulled out Monday a.m. for Springfield Il then on home on Tues. -happy trails

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That is correct a US flag flying upside down is a sign of distress. I have seen many people flying the Texas flag upside down. The Texas flag is easy to remember because clouds are white (white goes to the top) and blood falls on the ground (red goes toward the ground) and the point of the star points to the heavens. God Bless Texas and God Bless the United States of America.