Landing gear

1stchevy

We have a 2012 Cyclone we are having trouble with the raising of the camper up. When you put the slide outs in the camper goes down when you put them out the camper goes up. took the camper in for service they called Lippert and then adjusted the solenoids on the legs and now when you raise the camper up the systems gets hot and blows the mini breaker. they want to put a bigger breaker in it. Any help would be great.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Putting in a bigger breaker is something that at one time Lippert recommended. I don't know if that is still true, but it was 80 amp.
When my system was tripping the breaker I just replaced the breaker with another 50 amp.
I have not had a problem since.

Peace
Dave

1stchevy

That is what they said it has a 50 in it and they want us to go to a 80. I was worried about an over load on the wiring.

danemayer

Hi 1stchevy,

The original problem sounds like a stuck valve for the landing gear. Any time the pump is running, fluid goes in or out of any valve that's open. There can be an electrical or mechanical explanation for the failure. I don't think I've heard of adjusting a problem like this away.

The new problem could be caused by 1) low battery voltage (which could be a case of the dealer leaving the battery cutoff ON for several days, or 2) loose wires to the pump, including ground wires, 3) a bind in the system. If something is actually getting hot to the touch while the breaker is tripping, I'd start by looking for loose wires.

The mini-breakers do get weak over time and once they begin to trip, they just get worse and worse. Replacement is quick and inexpensive. You can do it yourself in 5 minutes.

If the dealer tech did some adjustment to the stuck valve (I don't know if this is even possible) where he solved the problem by restricting flow through the valve, that could be causing a bind that trips the breaker.

You might call the dealer and ask the tech what exactly he did to fix the problem and whether he had disconnected any wires.

1stchevy

I will call first thing tomorrow I tried to tell them I thought a value was stuck because it made no since why the camper went up and down with slide outs. As for battery the camper does same thing plugged in to electric. They also tried to tell me the outside switch could be bad. Just don't know which way to go from here.