Landing Jack motor 2008 Bighorn

Dee

I have gone back in these posts for several months looking for a issue with the motor running slowly for a few moments then coming up to speed? This Happens when dry camping or hooked up to elec? It always comes up to full speed, or has so far? I checked all the wiring from the circuit breaker to the motor.I thought bad ground but have not found one yet?I changed battery I only run one 12 volt? You think that is the issue? it is new. My slides work great and no other issues? if going down it starts normally.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
A battery with a low charge will do this. It takes a big amp draw on the battery to move the landing gear. Just cause its new doesnt make it good.

Dee

Bob
I guess what you are saying, the battery needs to be charged, apparently being hooked into power does not charge the battery well enough?
it has been in the rv now for a few days?
Just a little confused sorry about that.

Gary521

It could be that the jack screw is binding. These things need to be lubricated. Unfortunately, you need to take the legs apart to do this the first time..

Dee

Dan Thank you for that I just went out and checked my breakers there are no tiny reset buttons on my breakers? But just in case I do have a bad one I will take my meter out there and see whats up, but thanks for the guide that helps explain things.

Dee

Ok another update checked all circuit breakers, all ok also used manual crank and it cranks easy so I am guessing binding gears not the issue. I put battery charger on the battery and it seems fully charged? Light comes on saying so? So here I am just wondering what else to check. it does indeed run fine after a couple sec of turning slow, so I guess I will just live with it. And old master mechanic we used to have would say , run it till it breaks then we will know what to fix? Thanks guys for all your help with this issue and all the other little issues with this fine coach.