Landmark 365 - Cascade

jbeletti

Presently (December 2014), Heartland is shipping two floor plans in the Landmark 365 line - the Newport and the Ashland. There are plans to have about 8 floor plans in total.

Here's the floor plan for the Landmark 365 Cascade. If you were in the market for a new Landmark today, Tom Montague would like your feedback on the Cascade.

LM_Cascade.jpg

stellac

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Although the bathroom has a larger tub/shower with more floor space, there is no additional storage. The additional depth of the slide necessitates the use of two pocket doors for access while on the road and privacy which prevents installation of a cabinet as in the Key West. I am glad to see the washer/dryer out of the bedroom closet, but due to the shortened slide, the pantry and storage space have been eliminated. For a full-timer, that is valuable space that has been lost.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I like this one the most out of the 365 line as it is closest to our 3450ts. I like the dresser/tv slide as well as the w/d moved out of bedroom. Still wish kitchen was a peninsula instead of an island.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I don't like the loss of pantry space in the kitchen. I wouldn't want to try full timing it in this unit without sufficient space for the food (it's important to keep my Santa like figure, you understand). I do like the island in the kitchen, although I'd prefer the sink on the counter instead of in the island. But for me, having the island is important. We have the peninsula now and I very much dislike it. Just my 2 cents worth.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Presently (December 2014), Heartland is shipping two floor plans in the Landmark 365 line - the Newport and the Ashland. There are plans to have about 8 floor plans in total.

Here's the floor plan for the Landmark 365 Cascade. If you were in the market for a new Landmark today, Tom Montague would like your feedback on the Cascade.

View attachment 33436

I differ in my opinion from the others so far. Would prefer to see the W/D back in the front (take clothes from dryer, toss on bed, fold, put away), and that space back to a large pantry/closet like our Grand Canyon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I don't like the loss of pantry space in the kitchen. I wouldn't want to try full timing it in this unit without sufficient space for the food (it's important to keep my Santa like figure, you understand). I do like the island in the kitchen, although I'd prefer the sink on the counter instead of in the island. But for me, having the island is important. We have the peninsula now and I very much dislike it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Great minds (Santa and I) think alike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I agree... Way too much storage lost in the kitchen and bath...not sure how you can fix it...even if w/d was moved back to the bedroom closet, I would not want my pantry in the bedroom...

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Jim,

We looked at all the floor plans including the Cascade. Lack of storage in the kitchen is number one but also having the washer and dryer in the hallway is a pain. Also would be better if the washer dryer were stackable so you don't use up so much space. Our house has the washer and dryer in a hallway and we hate it. One last thing the bathroom feels small. We bought the Ashland that has great storage in the kitchen, washer and dryer in it own stackable closet and the split bath making better use of the space leading back to the bedroom.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
To us it seems all the floor plans are a variation of a theme. Galley kitchen, island, and a shuffling of the bed and bath. If that's what your looking for you got options. We want more counter space and more kitchen storage. Hate to keep beating a dead horse but until we find something with a peninsula we're keeping our 3670.

travlingman

Looks like very limited storage. No kitchen pantry or linen storage in bathroom. Do like that you can enter bathroom with slide closed. Also like washer/dryer in hallway and not stacked in closet. (Found out hard way that to have warranty work done on stackables nobody will service in a RV.) Really like double bedroom slide.

Some questions. From drawing it appears the the seating in front of the television are not straight across from. Are they? With the double slide in bedroom has there been any structural changes, beefed up frame?

jrzygrl64

This, at first glance, seems closest to the Grand Canyon (which we own and LOVE!) with a difference no one else has pointed out - can't get to the bedroom with the slides in - which was something we were looking for.

I also use the first hallway closet for my pantry - it would be odd having that "officially" in the bedroom vs the hallway, but I'm not sure it would be a deal breaker.

porthole

Retired
Not for nothing, but why not add the overall length to the model name.

Many may consider this trailer lacking in amenities "if" it was a 41 footer.
But, if this model is a 36' trailer it may be the best thing since sliced bread.

(still don't like the red cushion or the bed fabrics, seem way out of place)

HEH458

I noticed the Cascade floorplan is no longer on the Heartland web site. Does this mean it has been scratched?

T

TomMontague

Yes - due to the overwhelming desire to have a "shortie" I have decided to do the Syracuse floorplan next followed by a front living room. The shortie will be approximately 36'2" and the front living will be named the Madison.

Talk soon,
Tom

jjwink

Thank you so much for listening to our requests. How about just shortening the Ashland. I think you will find there are lots of us looking for something in the 34-36' length with split bath.

DougS

Doug S
Whatever happened to the Cascade? We now have the Grand Canyon and this floor plan interests us if it is around or about a 38 footer. We have been waiting for months for some shorter floor plans to come out. We are waiting for the Syracuse and the BH 3575 EL to debut. Now that we have seen the Cascade floor plan, our list is growing.

dlw930

I believe there's a thread under "Landmark - General Discussion" , if you haven't seen it, where the LM Project Manager said the Cascade floor plan is dead, not passing market research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk