Landmark 7 leaf spring breakage

Fulltimers

Has anyone else experienced their 7 leaf spring breaking during travel? We had the right rear spring break apart. Just lucky no serious damage - just frustration trying to find a 7 leaf spring locally (Galveston, TX). The factory was awesome and sent me a new spring to replace the temporary repair we did (6 leaf spring adapted to 7 leaf with usable leaves from broken one).

mlpeloquin

Did the springs spread out sideways or snap? If they spread out and came apart, the center bolt came loose or the u-bolts were not torqued properly. Both can make this happen. One of my rear springs is starting to spread and my back will not let me do the work. Off to the trailer welding shop in two weeks to get it fixed. If it snapped, that is a different story. Always have to keep an eye on everything.

Fulltimers

The bottom leaf broke in two causing the spring to shift and the other side also started to shift but caught it before any damage.
20190402_183046.jpg20190403_090701.jpg20190403_090705.jpg

Gary521

The number of leafs in the spring is not important as the total spring load. The six leaf spring could have the same rating as the seven leaf spring. By adding a leaf you probably changed overall spring rate.
Several years ago there was an issue where lots of units were having spring issues from Lippert.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The 6 leaf is a 3500lbs and the 7 leaf is a 4000lbs spring. I have snapped all 4 factory 4k springs now, all at different times. None of them looked like that though. Mine were all clean breaks on the top spring.
I have now had everything removed and Installed the Moreryde IS.
No more spring issues !!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk