Landmark Backup Camera Option

jbeletti

Brian,

I heard back from the plant on this but I sent them some clarifying questions and await answers to those. What I can tell you is:

1. A mini-breaker is installed for this item. Still verifying where - likely with the rest of the mini-breakers, above the battery tray.

2. A switch is installed in this circuit so you can turn the power off to the camera when not in use. Still verifying where - likely in the same area as they mini-breakers.

This said, I have a mystery switch between my mini-breakers and battery disconnect switch. I will try it this weekend but my guess is, this is the backup camera circuit switch.

Jim

brianharrison

Thanks Jim,

I had not thought of installing a circuit protection (mini breaker or fuse). A switch is probably a good idea, although I see myself forgetting to turn it on before I get back on the road.

Wiring to the clearance lights is looking like the easiest, as I can power up the camera from the TV whenever I need it (turn on the park lights). And I do not have to undertake the dreaded "fishing operation" to pull any wire from the top of the rear cap to the battery disconnect or auto reset breaker location....

I would be interested in the factory's thoughts on installation of the circuit protection, and the rating of your "unknown" mini breaker. Is it to protect the wire from camera over draw, or to protect the camera? I cannot imagine the camera (digital wireless) has any sort of large draw requirements??

Brian

JENSENRVdirect

The maximum current draw for the camera is 300mA and 630mA for the monitor. We recommend using the clearance lights as this is both convenient to access and is already switched so it can be turned OFF when not in use.

brianharrison

The maximum current draw for the camera is 300mA and 630mA for the monitor. We recommend using the clearance lights as this is both convenient to access and is already switched so it can be turned OFF when not in use.

Thanks JENSENRVdirect! I appreciate your input on this discussion; it is nice to see Vendors supporting their product in an after-sales scenario.

Take care,
Brian

porthole

Retired
If I was going to add a wireless camera such as this I think the clearence lights is the way to go.
The only thing you have to do is manually turn on your lights. So much easier then the other way, especially if you forget to switch on the camera before getting in the truck in the middle of a thunderstorm.

And when you exit the truck that annoying chime will remind you the lights are still on.

FRANKV

The monitor has inputs for two cameras. Anybody tried this setup? Wondering what display choices you get (switch back and forth only, or split screen as well)?

wildwolfproducts

The monitor has inputs for two cameras. Anybody tried this setup? Wondering what display choices you get (switch back and forth only, or split screen as well)?

I had the same question, Factory answer was not able to use the second camera. But I was asking to be able to add to the back of the truck, when hooking up to other trailers like boat trailer. But I did see the second part was for the turn lights. So a camera on both sides and if you were using the left turn it used the left camera. Guess I could hook it up and use a switch or just flip the turn siglnal on when I need the extra camera.

Hope you can find the right answer to this ? I know I'm not done, as just a good ideal being we would have the monitor in the truck anyway.

brianharrison

My after market system (Voyager Model # WVOS511) has a button on the monitor to toggle between AV1 and AV2. It looks like it is a "one or the other", not a split screen.

Now I do not have a second camera so cannot "confirm" the ability to pair a second camera (it is wireless).

Hope this helps.
Brian

JENSENRVdirect

On the WVOS511 monitor, AV2 is an available wired input. You can add a second camera using adaptor 31100131. This allows connection of either a Voyager wired camera or connection of our new add-on wireless camera & receiver model WVRXCAM1.

If you have any further questions, feel free to call us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

brianharrison

Thanks Jensen for your response. I was unable to locate the part # 31100131 on your website - I did find a #3100031; not sure if this is what you were refering to for the adaptor.

Just for clarity, and I as I understand - my WVSOS511 monitor (used by HL) can have a second wired camera for AV2 - it does not a have the ability to pair two wireless cameras. With wired I have access to all of the wired Jensen cameras or the new WVRXCAM1 wireless camera and receiver, which gets wired from the receiver to the WVSOS511 monitor (using 3100031?).

I like the WVRXCAM1 kit as it may have allowed me to use my existing built-in truck monitor? Can you confirm if the reciever can output to a standard analog RCA jack input into a OEM system with AV input capabilities?

Thanks
Brian

JENSENRVdirect

Thanks Jensen for your response. I was unable to locate the part # 31100131 on your website - I did find a #3100031; not sure if this is what you were refering to for the adaptor.

Just for clarity, and I as I understand - my WVSOS511 monitor (used by HL) can have a second wired camera for AV2 - it does not a have the ability to pair two wireless cameras. With wired I have access to all of the wired Jensen cameras or the new WVRXCAM1 wireless camera and receiver, which gets wired from the receiver to the WVSOS511 monitor (using 3100031?).

I like the WVRXCAM1 kit as it may have allowed me to use my existing built-in truck monitor? Can you confirm if the reciever can output to a standard analog RCA jack input into a OEM system with AV input capabilities?

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

You should now be able to find adaptor 31100131 on our website. Thanks for pointing that out.

You are correct that the WVOS511 can handle two cameras, one wireless & one wired (using adaptor 31100131). We now also offer WVRXCAM1, which is a wireless receiver, which will connect to the 31100131 on AV2 of the WVOS511, and a wireless camera. So the original wireless camera will be paired to the monitor and on AV1. The second wireless camera will be paired to the plug-in receiver that comes with WVRXCAM1 kit.

If you want to use the WVRXCAM1 kit with a non-Voyager monitor, you can use adaptor 31300006 to connect the receiver to the monitor, as long as the monitor has a composite video input. This adaptor can also be found on our website.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.