Landmark Interior General Feedback Requested

davebennington

I have heard that the furnace manufacturer will not honor the warranty if cheap heat is installed. Has anyone else heard this?

dave

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Brian - we just ordered a new LM and was able to order the flooring all the way back to the back window at no additional charge. It's called the kitchen/living room flooring option. The coach will still come in with carpet on the slides which we can live with.
Byrd Walter and I also just ordered a LM Key Largo with the flooring al the way to the back.
LindaW

Bryced15

Another thought... I've seen other brands with the MCD shades where the darkening shade is more of a tan color rather that just white. The tan color gave the coach a softer feel when all the shades were down.

priorguy

One thing that Harry and I have talked about having on a future coach is CheapHeat. (http://www.rvcomfortsystems.com/) It would be great if that could be offered at an option at the factory level.

I'd like to see Heartland offer "cheap heat" on every product they build. Many of us are always connected to shore power and it would save on propane costs and transportation. Not great for boon docking unless you have a generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Yes, to CheapHeat. Altho' we do not have it in our "Classic" Landmark, we did have a heat pump and used it whenever possible (to save on gas). The heat pump just doesn't work well when it's very cold out and, besides, all the heat stays at the ceiling and I'm down on the floor, B-r-r-r! No comments about wh-y I'm on the floor.

Nathan and Byrd have actually experienced CheapHeat and based on what Nathan told us, I would definitely put it on a new coach in lieu of the heat pump. I would love for Heartland to offer this as a factory option. Based on everything I have read and heard, ChaepHeat would be an incredible boon to the frequent and/or fulltime RVer.

porthole

Retired
In the panel that holds most of the switches - all the switches and backing plates should match.
Along that same line I still don't understand why all the different switches in a Cyclone, especially when a custom backing plate is already being cut.

Majestic

We would like to see in floor radiant heating line. This would take away the cold floors, be more energy efficient, closed glycol loop, 110v and LPG.

OToole

I’m coming late to the party but will way in none the less.We are planning on going full time in about 8-10 months and researching 5[SUP]th[/SUP]wheels has put the Landmark on our short list. The fact that the GM takes an active role in his product line is encouraging.

Having said that, we both like the color of the leather couch. Not sure if it is the lighting but are they the same? Anyway, we prefer the brown and/or earth tones. One point on leather furniture though, the couch in our current RV is leather and rather slick. Would prefer a leather couch I don’t slide off of. Some of the other options I have seen on this thread I feel are good ideas as well are:

Whole coach water filtration system

Plug in the pantry (appliance garage)

File drawer/drawers in desk area

CheapHeat (if not offered as an option does an aftermarket install void the factory warranty)

Less carpet (all floor no carpet)

USA made furniture (goes for anything else as well)

Would also like to see night stands or shelves on either side of the king bed

Just my $.02.

We are very interested and excited in seeing what this new LM365 brings to the market.

Mike

sgtbigb

Tom, my wife is a fanof lighter color woods and flooring . In fact dark colors is a complete turn off for her. Dark colors seem tp male a small place even smaller.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Mike - we have had CheapHeat in the last 2 coaches without any warranty issues. In fact the company that makes CheapHeat stands behind their product and will warranty any issues that might occur with the existing heating unit with the CheapHeat elements installed. Our dealership was offering for a time period CheapHeat with every coach they sold on both the DRVs and Heartland units.

adam

I mentioned this thread to my wife and so she asked me to comment on her behalf;

We change RVs every 3-4 years. When we went Fifth Wheel shopping we didn't see alot of other early 40's couples with kids shopping for Landmarks. I can surely say that while alot of the men on the forum talk about mechanics its important to talk about decor as well. One of the deciding factors about our decision to go with the Landmark was that my wife liked the Monte Carlo interior decor. She detests flower prints and gawdy fabrics. The Monte Carlo even has neutral window valance cloth so we didn't need to have that changed.
In fact the first items off loaded from our coach was the bedspread and bedroom pillows along with the LR pillows. A small point I know, but having fabrics and seating surfaces that are not too crazy and not too dated is important for our travelling partners as well!

Also on my wifes list that wouldn't cost alot to add to a Landmark build;

No plastic faucet in the bathroom
Proper exhaust fan in the bathroom
a option to delete carpet in the bedroom and living room - kids, pets and carpet don't always mix well, plus its alot easier to replace area/throw rugs than to recarpet 2 rooms when the carpet has met its useful life!

Adam and Susan Hunter

T

TomMontague

Mike - thanks for the comments and suggestions. I can't find my iPad - I think someone took it out of my truck even though the " find my iPad app " tells me that nobody has attempted to turn it on or log on to a network - big mystery where it is - my point is it's hard for me to answer your questions on this tiny little phone bit I can tell you I have a great answer for most if not all your questions.

We we have as standard equipment a full coach Culligan water filtration system on all LM365's.

We we just got the OK to put an outlet in a pantry / cabinet. Ashland will be the first to have it.

You out can store files in the coffee / high rise desk that's an option on all LM365's. The competition has a drawer that is dedicated for it but isn't large enough to accommodate the file folders. You wouldn't really know that until you bought one.

CheapHeat is not UL or CSA approved when installed in a coach so our THOR legal department won't let us go that route for fear of a lawsuit. Maybe something in the future.

Landmark has always had a ' Max Lino " option which eliminates a lot of the carpet in the living room.

Made in the USA furniture is extremely important to us and to our customer base since most Boomers are also Veterans. We make a big deal about this in our training because most of our competition has moved to cheaper import furnitire.

We also have CPAP compatible solid surface night stands on both sides of a Queen or King size bed with 110v and USB connections on both sides.

I hope hope this helps you make your decision. We are working hard to listen to our customers and come up with SMART innovations that meet their ( your ) needs.

Have be a great evening.

Tom

T

TomMontague

Adam & Susan - great to have someone my age and with kids using the product. While we talk mostly about boomers when we advertise we still try to appeal to anyone looking to live full-time or extended time in a FW.

Fabrics are important to me as well. We have two picked out so far for LM365. In my opinion we don't over use them. We try and keep them as neutral as possible - my goal is to find designs that people don't love or hate - my goal is to find something that people can agree upon. I don't love it - I don't hate it is the best thing I could hear regarding fabric - that's my thought anyway.

Faucets were already picked for me but on the next go around I will be able to review and upgrade look and quality. Not sure when that will be but hopefully what we use today is ok. I haven't had complaints about it's function, form maybe but not function.

The customer has the option to install a Fantastic Fan in our bathrooms which is by all accounts the best exhaust fan in the industry - or at least the most widely used fan in the business.

We do offer a Max Lino option which eliminates a large portion of the carpet in the living room - we cannot however delete carpet in the bedroom because of the slide system and the need to glide over carpet.

Hope this helps - talk soon.

Tom

adam

Thank you Mr. Montague,

I will pass your response along to Susan.

We chose to go with the MaxxFan in the bathroom for no other reason except availability. My wifes thoughts on the bathroom taps were for them to have the same "appearance" as the ones in the kitchen, we chose to go with a Moen product. On a related note the factory taps preform fine - its just something we would expect to see in a unit at a lower price point. One other thought on fabrics, the true "Ultraleather" product we had in our last RV was bulletproof when it came down to daily living especially with the children - not sure if it would fit into the new 365 budget?

Thanks for explaining the carpet issue in the bedroom reference the slide design.

In ending and for whatever its worth, your choice to communicate and share information with your customers is a invaluable tool for Heartland. It makes the end users feel valued and hopefully it continues to push your products higher and higher in a flooded market. One thing is for sure this reaffirms our decision to come back to the Heartland product.

Thank you

Adam and Susan Hunter

bob34787

This has been done :)
thanks, than the only other thing that really needs to be changed is the particle board bed platform, I have owned 3 other 5th wheels 1 MH and 1 Airstream and non have ever attempted to use that type of material as a platform, very abrasive on the mattress

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
thanks, than the only other thing that really needs to be changed is the particle board bed platform, I have owned 3 other 5th wheels 1 MH and 1 Airstream and non have ever attempted to use that type of material as a platform, very abrasive on the mattress

A few of the peel and stick floor tiles will solve that issue quickly and make it much easier to slide mattress around to put the sheets on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bob34787

I have seen that other people have added the peel and stick tiles, but my point is if they are trying to up their game and become more like DRV than why the cheap particle board, my friends DRV not only has a nice platform but lifts at the push of a button.