Landmark Looking

gpcvg

Today we went to Dixie RV and looked at the Landmark Orlando. Its a floor plan that we really like. We would have a few things moved over from our Bighorn to the Landmark. We would have a dishwasher installed in the Orlando. That is about the only option that I can think of that we would want. So for those of you that have Landmark fifth wheels, what are the pros and cons of the unit? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Hi Gene,We got our Orlando in Aug. and love it.It pulls great and we get compliments on it all the time.We ordered it with the dishwasher and like it. We bought our unit from RVS for Less in Knocksville,Tenn. We've had a few minor problems but nothing major. The factory did a good job. If you have any questions,please ask. Frank

meagle

I've had a lot of problems with my Landmark...

Ice make line leaked due to a factory issue, the slide floor had to be replaced, cabinet case work, and living room carpet, as a result.
Tremendous amount of water in the underbelly when driving in rain. Heartland was worthless on this one. I re-sealed myself to correct the problem
Leveling system front leveler had to be replaced, a control valve body, and the 50 AMP breaker had to be upgraded to an 80 AMP due to continually tripping the 50 AMP
Entertainment system in the bedroom had to be replaced
The outside television had to be replaced
The frame for the door leading into the bedroom had to be replaced
Lights in the awning had to be replaced
Kitchen table had to be replaced due to warping
The hinge on the storage compartment separated from the door and had to be re-engineered
The fender skirts had to be replaced due to cracking
The gasket around the dining room window had to be replaced
Two cabinet drawers had to be rebuilt

Obviously a lot of problems. Other than the leaking underbelly Heartland was good to deal with. I've had RV's for the past 30 plus years and I can say that I've had more problems with this one than any of the others by far. I can also say that this is still my favorite one as far as towing, comfort, and appearance. For the last year it has not had any of the problems that I've seen in the past. Hopefully it will end up being a good unit. You might consider a DRV Mobile Suites. I know that when I replace this one it will be either another Landmark (depending if the problems have stopped) or a DRV.

rhodies1

Today we went to Dixie RV and looked at the Landmark Orlando. Its a floor plan that we really like. We would have a few things moved over from our Bighorn to the Landmark. We would have a dishwasher installed in the Orlando. That is about the only option that I can think of that we would want. So for those of you that have Landmark fifth wheels, what are the pros and cons of the unit? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

You might want to look at Camping World web site,they have a number of 16 leftovers at good pricing and 17 models as well for Landmarks and I'm sure they will deal.Just a thought to look at".......

oldelmer1

We've had our Orlando for a little over a year now. We've had some issues, but Heartland stepped right up and shipped me the parts to fix it myself.

It is very comfortable and nice, but it should be at 42 feet long.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask.....