Landmark - Side Wall Delamination

Fulltimers

I just noticed a delamination spot on the left front of our 2017 Newport that is barely over 6 months old. I have sent pictures to Heartland Service and Explore USA in Austin, TX where we bought it. What options for repair such as this and where?

Attachments

• 20161030_154642_001.jpg
    20161030_154642_001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

jbeletti

Sorry to read about your delam. Service won't be responding to this in the ATF sub-forum and as you are already in contact with them, I tweaked your thread title and moved your thread here in the LM - General sub-forum. A 1 week redirect is automatically in place so anyone who got notified of the original thread - the link they got will redirect here.

Bones

Sorry that hear about you issue. Hop on top and take a look to make sure nothing pops out at you as a possible leak point.

DavidCraker

I had what looks to be the same delamination on my 2016 you have. I contacted Heartland and they had me take it to LaMesa RV for repair. The bodyshop guy said it was the weirdest thing he had ever seen (it was not water damage), the wood backing had just separated at that location. They fixed it with no issues and looks as good as new. I have attached a picture of mine and it looks to be almost in the exact same location.
Bubbles1.jpg

Kenneths

I had one in near the same location on my Newport, noticed in during delivery inspection. It was repaired, was also told it was not water but the glue had pulled from the wood? repaired and looks good.

Fulltimers

Thanks for the great information. Andy W. called me yesterday and is assisting in getting the issue resolved. I am thinking ours is a glue and not water issue as well. It has been raining all morning here and no change in the bubble. In retrospect, I only noticed the bubble when the temp was over 90 and in the direct sunlight. Another great benefit to this Forum is info sharing such as this. Safe travels to all and hope to see on the road somewhere in this awesome Country of ours.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had one in near the same location on my Newport, noticed in during delivery inspection. It was repaired, was also told it was not water but the glue had pulled from the wood? repaired and looks good.

Do you know how it was repaired? It would be interesting to hear the details, especially on a full body paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fulltimers

Kudo's to the Service Department at Heartland and Explore USA (Terry G.) in Kyle, TX. Andy W., Jeff and Dustin are great to work with. We took our Newport to the dealer last week and had photos taken of our concerns/issues. Plans are under way to get us set for the body shop and Heartland is shipping down a new Theater Seat as well as shower glass door assembly. Our chair seating was clumping making it really uncomfortable to sit in. The shower door had a roller fall out right after we took delivery. Rather than try to repair the chair and shower Heartland is replacing them - now that is customer service. Just over 6 months into our Coach and just as excited and proud of our choice as the day we ordered it.

T-N-T

I also have the blistering on my 2016 Landmark Newport 365, in addition I have been told of a substrate problem causing the painted surface to look like the paint is sagging, as I understand it, it is caused by the failed Filon substrate beneath the paint surface. Heartland wants to bring it back to the factory and replace the exterior walls, wow! Has anyone had this experience and how did it turn out, I am not sure I want to go down this road, any advice would be appreciated!

danemayer

I also have the blistering on my 2016 Landmark Newport 365, in addition I have been told of a substrate problem causing the painted surface to look like the paint is sagging, as I understand it, it is caused by the failed Filon substrate beneath the paint surface. Heartland wants to bring it back to the factory and replace the exterior walls, wow! Has anyone had this experience and how did it turn out, I am not sure I want to go down this road, any advice would be appreciated!
Hi T-N-T,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems. But having just visited the service center in Elkhart, I would say they are quite capable of doing any necessary repairs and have a higher level of expertise and better availability of materials and parts than any dealer or local repair shop.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

We had an entire sidewall replaced on our 2008 Bighorn...it was done after several failed attempts to fix the original side wall that had broken studs...that's another story.

What they do us remove the slides, put the unit back into the factory line , this is after they have built a new wall for your specific rig, and they essentially rebuild the unit from that point forward on the line. I would not hesitate to allow Heartland to do it again if it was necessary. They did an excellent job, even repaired anything else the discovered while it was there...it was virtually new when we got it back....we kept that unit without any further issues until we traded it for our Landmark in 2013.

One of the reasons we stayed with Heartland....their customer service is second to none!

T-N-T

We had an entire sidewall replaced on our 2008 Bighorn...it was done after several failed attempts to fix the original side wall that had broken studs...that's another story.

What they do us remove the slides, put the unit back into the factory line , this is after they have built a new wall for your specific rig, and they essentially rebuild the unit from that point forward on the line. I would not hesitate to allow Heartland to do it again if it was necessary. They did an excellent job, even repaired anything else the discovered while it was there...it was virtually new when we got it back....we kept that unit without any further issues until we traded it for our Landmark in 2013.

One of the reasons we stayed with Heartland....their customer service is second to none!
Thanks for your response!

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk