Landmark Slide Out Seals

Dan54

I just noticed the rear seals on the living room/kitchen slide outs are cracking where they bend when the slides are pulled in. The other seals look ok. Are the outside seals easily replaced? Do I go to Heartland to buy or are they generic cut to size parts. 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon 38 ft 3 slide outs.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrailCreek

I just noticed the rear seals on the living room/kitchen slide outs are cracking where they bend when the slides are pulled in. The other seals look ok. Are the outside seals easily replaced? Do I go to Heartland to buy or are they generic cut to size parts. 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon 38 ft 3 slide outs.
Thanks!

Pictures would help. If they are the same as my 2017 Newport, it's a breeze. Take out the screw at each end and slide them off, and slide the new ones on. I hope nobody sealed them to the unit. Not necessary. Buy generic on Amazon but look at the ratings.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
D seals are like ☝️he said. But I believe you are referring to the Wiper Seals. They snap into a separate track. You may be able to remove them by pulling on the seal but likely it will tear. A gasket/O-ring pick will come in handy

I ordered replacements from amazon

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 12

Dan54

Pictures would help. If they are the same as my 2017 Newport, it's a breeze. Take out the screw at each end and slide them off, and slide the new ones on. I hope nobody sealed them to the unit. Not necessary. Buy generic on Amazon but look at the ratings.

I’ll need to look at them closer this weekend. They seemed semi loose but I didn’t notice a screw. I’ll take photos as well.

Dan54

D seals are like he said. But I believe you are referring to the Wiper Seals. They snap into a separate track. You may be able to remove them by pulling on the seal but likely it will tear. A gasket/O-ring pick will come in handy

I ordered replacements from amazon

Yes, when I pulled they did tear. Very rotted. Not familiar with a gasket/ O-ring pick. Is that how I’d search for it?

travelin2

Mine were rotted and torn leaving the anchoring section of the seal in the track. A pick is an easy way to grab and remove that left behind material
The replacement seal then just snaps back inside the track. Friction holds them in place. No screws or fasteners

1722942722185.jpeg

travelin2

did you replace the wiper seal without removing the slide?
Yes. Our bedroom slide wiper seals were shot both outside and inside. Outside ones were easy peasy once I had the set of picks remove the old ones from the track.
The inside pair was more difficult because of room working around/behind the partially open slide’s facsia but was doable
I have to admit I’ve only ever replaced the wiper seals on the bedroom slide none on the larger ones. Those appear to be different but it shouldn’t entail removing the slide

Last edited:

Dan54

Wasn’t able to get photos until this past weekend due to our entertaining guests the weekend before. Upon closer inspection I was surprised to find that the wiper seal is held on by screws that go thru the D seal track which goes on top. The D seal then slides into the track & is held on by a screw at the bottom. So I need both types of seals. I didn’t get on the roof but I’m assuming the top seals are the same.
Didn’t measure the width for some reason
giphy.gif

Hopefully they are standardized?
2a81be81d61af089e9dba2510cd1e64c.jpg