Landmark Water Filter

jbeletti

Re: ATF: Landmark - water filter

Jim I believe they are all needed but just wish they could route the water filter so the lines don't run along side or under it.

I do agree that it would be nice if the water filter was installed in an area that was easier to access.

That said, we all have our ideas on this and our drivers. It would be real handy of it was mounted inside the storage bay - on the end of the UDC. But for me, this is a no-go as I have a sliding storage tray stacked with totes and it would mess up my storage method.

Another area could be in the storage bay, on the utility wall but on the door-side of the coach, near where the cable TV outlet is. For some, this could be in the way of other items stored on the floor. Or it there was a leak at the filter, the carpeted wall could become wet and eventually mold.

One plus for being "behind" the wall is that it's warmer back there based an leaked and operating heat from items such as: furnace, water heater, converter... And being warmer is good for anything water related when camping in weather below 32 degrees F.

A LOT of owners use their own filter systems in bins stored outside on the ground. This gets them out of the RV except for storage and keeps leaks outside too. Trouble is the weight. Two filters of water, a bin, hoses, fittings and maybe even a water softener really add up. Humping that stuff in and out can get old.

So where it the single universally accepted location for the filter? I just don't think there is one. But I'd like to hear everyone's input. If we could get some concensus, maybe we can get the plant to relocate them.

Slympicins

As I had said in an earlier post, I removed my filter and housing from inside my sob an use an outside filter only. There were too many issues such as leaks that I didn't want to deal with. Since it's been removed I have had no issues whatsoever. Easier to winterize and change filters. Frankly, the less water equipment inside the RV the better I like it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Our previous TT came with an installed water filter. It was mounted in the cabinet under the sink. Tons of fun changing it, too. There was a shelf above it and the bottom of the canister was about an inch off the floor. You almost had to lay on the floor to be able to remove it, and have plenty of sponges/towels to clean up the flood. I use the outside tote method and can't say handling it with my complete water supply items in it (includes 50ft of hose) is all that strenuous.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have no issues with where its at now. It's out of my way and not that hard to get to if I need to. I wouldn't want to deal with a heavy tub full of filters every time I hooked up and broke down camp...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Our previous TT came with an installed water filter. It was mounted in the cabinet under the sink. Tons of fun changing it, too. There was a shelf above it and the bottom of the canister was about an inch off the floor. You almost had to lay on the floor to be able to remove it, and have plenty of sponges/towels to clean up the flood. I use the outside tote method and can't say handling it with my complete water supply items in it (includes 50ft of hose) is all that strenuous.
I just put a glad trash bag around the whole thing then loosen it with the wrench. The bag catches all of the water and contains it while you pull it all out from under there.

JohnDar

I just put a glad trash bag around the whole thing then loosen it with the wrench. The bag catches all of the water and contains it while you pull it all out from under there.

Shouda, woulda, coulda! I didn't think of that at the time.

JohnDar

ATF: Landmark - water filter

Get a lot of that from these forums. The learning part, that is.

And here's another lesson learned: the Culligan OTC drinking water filters don't work with my system. Insufficient flow.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Yeah, there are other Culligan filters that will work (saw them
at a RV dealer), but they're only rated for a couple of hundred gallons. I'll stick with the ones from RV Filter Store. We're two days from the end of our camping season, so we'll use what we have until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryced15

Went to replace the filter for the first time in our Newport today. We've had our Landmark for exactly a year now. I've procrastinated/forgot about replacing the whole coach filter until now. Much to my surprise when I took the filter canister off there was NO filter inside. I guess we just thought we were filtering our water for the last year...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Our Ashland did have the filter install already. And I still don't think the dealer did it. We'll never know

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired

I have been using a bucket, but this is a great idea!

goldenbear

Went to replace the filter for the first time in our Newport today. We've had our Landmark for exactly a year now. I've procrastinated/forgot about replacing the whole coach filter until now. Much to my surprise when I took the filter canister off there was NO filter inside. I guess we just thought we were filtering our water for the last year...
Our water filter canister started leaking soon after we took delivery of our 2015 Newport. When I removed the filter canister, all I had was a canister full of water and no filter inside. I fixed the problem which was a pinched o-ring and added a filter. I guess this was one time where a water leak maybe was a good thing.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

ksucats

When I winterized our coach found the same thing - no filter installed. Have now bypassed that filter unit anyway as we use an outside filter.