Laser or no laser

ZNK

Please tell us why you are considering a laser? For target practice? For personal protection? Lasers are very good when they are military grade, however it doesn't make much sense to have one on a hand gun. A hand gun is a pull and shoot weapon, typically for close quarters and not designed to aim over distances. A laser is better on a rifle.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I have a MARS Reflex (Military Grade) mounted on my Beowulf .50. Though if I had a good set of Night Googles it would be much cooler to use, especially hog hunting. Not only does it project a laser you are able see the entire beam and what it projects it on with night vision. Naked eye you only see the red dot in the lens. Nice Optics but I dont use it to the fullest by no means

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Try looking at the Streamlight TLR 4 for about $100 you get tactical light and laser. Single press of trigger finger activates either or. Have one on the Springfield XD and love it. Years of pistol shooting does help hold it steady.

I have to ask. What is the range you are planning to use your pistol at? If is more than 15 yards I question you need to use it at all. If you do need to use it and assuming you are in the dark, tell me what this bright coherent beam of red light looks like from its source. If you are pointing this weapon at your intended target you are giving him/her and any accomplice a direct line of sight to you. I can shoot well enough at 15 yards and would rather not give them a clearer target. I use my iron sights and can usually hit where I aim.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well from the time I started this thread till now I have talked myself out of getting a laser and will be looking for tactical light instead. It seems to be the more practical approach for dealing with a possible intruder during the night.

Thank you all for your input,
Mark

DJH

Well from the time I started this thread till now I have talked myself out of getting a laser and will be looking for tactical light instead. It seems to be the more practical approach for dealing with a possible intruder during the night.

Thank you all for your input,
Mark

Will you can shoot around a corner with out being around the corner yourself!! My wife and I have them on our Glock's and would not be with out them! We practice shooting around corners without standing in the line of fire. And you would be surprised how many criminals will probably give up with a FLASHING red dot on their chest.

Lynn1130

I had to laugh when I read an earlier post in this thread that mentioned being tracked back by the laser. It brought to mind an old military axiom "tracers work both ways".