Latest modifications/additions to our Wilderness 2250

Hutch85

Just posting the latest mods to our trailer:

Made a small freezer shelf out of a spare 'ClosetMaid' wire shelf - trimmed it to length and depth, and capped the ends.

20150322_094022_resized.jpg

I know I could have ordered one online for our NorCold fridge (no one stocks them around here), but with shipping it would be around $40-50 - this was essentially free and only cost me a bit of time.

Next, we installed a basic 19" TV on the wall using a swing-out mount, using #10 metal screws into the backer plate that runs inside the wall. We mounted it high to provide lots of space on the counter, and if we angle it to the left it will be easily seen from the bed (for those lazy rainy days!).

20150322_094139_resized.jpg

We also installed a VentMate over the bathroom vent. While I'm not a fan of the vent that came with the trailer (it leaks fairly easily as the gasket for the lid is pretty marginal), I was happy to see that it already had mounting bosses for the L-brackets that mount the vent cover! No drilling into the side of the vent opening :)

20150322_151335_resized.jpg

The sealant you see under the edge was already there. I'm considering trimming back the L brackets now that I have it mounted, I just ran out of time today. Doing other things like sanitizing the water system, performing the preseason checks of everything, etc.

MotoLynx27x

Great job on your mods! I've wished our freezer had a shelf before. Now I may try to make one like you did! The TV mod is a great idea and I like how you have it mounted on a swivel bracket. And I am so happy I got one of the vent covers like you did. My brothers 38' Rockwood Windjammer had both roof vents leaking very badly so I replaced the domes and added two of these vent covers as you did. His vents had the wholes pre drilled as you pointed out! Made it very easy!

Hutch85

Thanks MotoLynx! The shelf was pretty easy, just some tedious cutting (a Dremel with a metal cutoff wheel helped with all the smaller cross wires) - maybe a different type of wire shelf would negate the need to cut the shelf to the right depth. I dabbed some white Tremclad paint on the cut ends to reduce the chance of rust forming from the moisture.

Heartland customer support was very helpful, they sent me a trailer plan that showed the location of the 3" wide backer plate.

Hutch85

Added a couple more accessories today:

In the front cargo area, two pairs of 'Hold-It' tool holders to hold the broom and small extendable scrubber out of the way:

20150404_174232_resized.jpg

The holders shown are the 'medium' size ones (http://www.holditsystem.com). They're a nice plastic and rubber unit, seem pretty strong and I like the fact that they're not the usual 'metal clip' broom holder.

The small scrubber is a good size for gently cleaning the awning, shower, or floor - I only use the sponge side of the pad, not the scouring side.

Next, the Camco #43993 (black) screen door grille:

20150404_174257_resized.jpg

When I looked late last year, I hadn't seen the black grille - just the white or silver one. Glad the black one is out now, as our interior is all brown/tan/cream colors with black trim and appliances. We have a German Shepherd that sometimes likes to put her paws up on doors - so far hasn't done it in the trailer, but we figured we needed to be proactive :)

The Vent Mate we installed came in handy last weekend when we camped - it rained for part of the weekend, it was really nice being able to keep the vent open a bit and not worry about drips.