Level-Up 6 point Leveling System - Feature Disabled error. Any ideas?

GregBassine

Hello, Just got our Bighorn 3260 Elite, and it came with Level-Up's 6 point leveling system. Pretty slick I hope once I get comfortable with it. FYI, It's not really as simple as just pushing one button. There's a lot of variables to overcome first. Now my problem. I went to reconnect the 5th wheel to my truck. I turned the unit on (it said :Ready, Jacks Down:). I then pushed the left and right arrows simultaneously which should get the 4 leveling jacks up and then start moving the front jacks up to the point where I took it off the truck. Instead, I get an error that says "Feature Disabled, Press Enter to Confirm". Like the newbie dork I am, I pushed the enter button thinking it might just "go away". Well, it did. Now I can't use that feature. Any ideas to reset that error (without zero setting the controls)? As always, any feedback is always appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am pretty sure that if your unhitch point is lower than the current position it will not allow the front of the coach to go down. It only allows the system to raise.
You would have to move the front of the rig down manually.
It should work correctly the next time out, if the hitch point is higher.
Again, I am not certain of that, but pretty sure.

Peace
Dave

GregBassine

Got it. So how do I raise front with the 4 leveling jacks in the down position? I thought that when you push the left and right arrows at the same time, it retracted the 4 rear jacks, then raises the front jacks to where you dropped the rv off? I can raise the manually first, then raise the front jacks to the RV is higher. Then should I push the left and right arrows? Would I still get that error message that that feature is disabled? Boy, ton of questions. Sorry about that.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We have a 2013 Landmark and we get the same message. I believe this feature has actually be disabled due to the 6 pt. system. May have to do with putting too much pressure on 4 rear jacks. I tried it several times and get the same message so I gave up on it since talk around the camp fire is that it has been disabled by the factory. Best way to trouble shoot would be to call Lippert and ask them. I always have great success with calling any of the vendors and the Heartland.

GregBassine

Thanks. That sounds more like it. I called the Lippert people, got a recorded message giving options who to speak with. The only one that sounded close was one about warranty and service. I pressed two and the line disconnected automatically. Hmmmmm. Any idea who to call or what option (number) to press?

olcoon

If you call back, there should be an option in the recording to talk to someone, if not try pushing "0"

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't speak for your unit, but mine and everyone that I know with the Level-Up, if you have all the legs down and raise the front, the rears will retract accordingly.
So I don't worry about the rears being down while raising the front.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Dave is right when I hook up I just adjust the front jacks as needed the other four will adjust as needed since the right two are hooked together as are the right two. after I'm hooked up I use the auto retract.

pegmikef

Dave is right when I hook up I just adjust the front jacks as needed the other four will adjust as needed since the right two are hooked together as are the right two. after I'm hooked up I use the auto retract.

Ditto, my only complaint is the automatic deal always raises mine an inch or two too high. No big deal as I just use the front button to lower it to the correct height. Everything has worked perfectly the ten or eleven times that I have used it.

porthole

Retired
Ditto, my only complaint is the automatic deal always raises mine an inch or two too high. No big deal as I just use the front button to lower it to the correct height. Everything has worked perfectly the ten or eleven times that I have used it.

Your "auto level" raises it to high?
Or the "re-hitch" raises to high?

porthole

Retired
The re-hitch, just an inch or two too High and very easy to correct.

I think that is correct, it is supposed to get you in the ball park.

I don't use that feature because of the air bags in my hitch. But when I have tried I found it not that useful anyway, the hydraulic jacks work so fast.

Now, if it was a feature when I had the electric jacks that would be great, set and 5 minutes later you are at your hookup height!

pegmikef

Thanks Duane. Since this is my first ever fiver and first exposure to landing gear it was really easy to get used to. Not knowing anything different, I really like it.