Level up for winter storage

ndmac

Do you leave all six down all winter?
Jim

Hey Jim.
I just go by and spray them with silicone spray every month or so.
I figure the front two are out 24/7 and 365 so no reason others wont be fine if maintained same way.
This year I am considering same thing, but zip tie Tyvek sleeve around them to protect them from direct rain/snow/sun and reducing my re-application of silicone spray to every two months or so.

I also like the fact it keeps weight off the tires little too.

3. Inspect and clean all Pump Unit electrical connections every 12 months. If corrosion is evident,
spray unit with WD-*40 or equivalent
4. Remove dirt and road debris from jacks as needed.
5. If jacks are down for extended periods, it is recommended to spray exposed leveling jack rods
with a silicone lubricant every seven days for protection. If your coach is located in a salty
environment, it is recommended to spray the rods every 2 to 3 days.

Last edited:

Miltp920

5. If jacks are down for extended periods, it is recommended to spray exposed leveling jack rods with a silicone lubricant every seven days for protection. If your coach is located in a salty

WOW, THIS WAS A HIDDEN NUGGET I MUST HAVE MISSED ALONG THE WAY.

I am guessing this is not done by most. this is the chrome cylinder exposed with jacks down, right?

TxCowboy

5. If jacks are down for extended periods, it is recommended to spray exposed leveling jack rods with a silicone lubricant every seven days for protection. If your coach is located in a salty

WOW, THIS WAS A HIDDEN NUGGET I MUST HAVE MISSED ALONG THE WAY.

I am guessing this is not done by most. this is the chrome cylinder exposed with jacks down, right?

Looks like I need to buy several more cans of spray lubricant. I'm waterfront on the Gulf coast so if treating the levelers is needed every few days, I'm going to have a busy winter. :(

RoadJunkie

What if you sprayed the exposed areas with silicone spray and then covered them with several wraps of "Saran-type plastic wrap"? Seems like that would limit moisture exposure.

NH5er

I'm actually thinking of leaving the back four in the up position and have just the landing legs down. snow depths around my area can really limit access to my rig.
Jim

ndmac

What if you sprayed the exposed areas with silicone spray and then covered them with several wraps of "Saran-type plastic wrap"? Seems like that would limit moisture exposure.

I considered plastic-wrap as it does seem like it would stay on great, but I chose tyvek because it can breath allow condensation to escape. I was afraid plastic wrap would trap condensation and promote rust.

Just my $0.02's.