Level-Up system contradiction from Lippert

remoandiris

Just watched the Level-Up video on the cd and read the owners manual and brochure. Funny thing is the manual contradicts the brochure about using the system to change a tire. Brochure says you can while the owners manual says
THE LIPPERT LEVELING SYSTEM IS DESIGNED AS A “LEVELING” SYSTEM ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE USED TO PROVIDE SERVICE FOR ANY REASON UNDER THE COACH SUCH AS CHANGING TIRES OR SERVICING THE LEVELING SYSTEM.

Last edited by a moderator:

DocFather

I noticed the same thing. I just got my 4100 a few weeks ago, The Lippert system has not worked yet. I think no one ever zeroed it out. I need to find a perfectly level parking lot. LOL

jdfishing

The service tech at my dealer used the level-up system to change all four of my tires. I will use it for a tire change should the need arise. The warning from Lippert is to cover them from a legal standpoint. It's like any jack you would use to raise your car or trailer. Always use a jack stand in case the jack should fail. Especially if you are going to crawl under the item you raised. The Owners Manual always trumps a brochure. As far as zeroing out the level system, you can do it from any reasonably level surface. The system remembers what "LEVEL" is, not what the system had to do to make the trailer level. So, manually get the trailer to what you believe is level, then go through the process to input that into the brain. You'll love the system.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Lippert techs show me how to raise the rig to change the tires when they were putting in the additive at the
Rally. They said the system would support 60,000 pounds. Since getting back home, I used the system to lift the rig so I could take off the wheels to have them balanced. No problems. It should go without saying that you would be on relatively level ground when doing this.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Jd is correct. It's because of safety and liabilities. If they say you can use it to change a tire then the cross port check valve fails (or whatever they use to hold the pressure) or anything that would cause the cylinder to lose pressure. Well it then puts the liability on HL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD