Leveling blocks, anyone use these?

RoadJunkie

I called Andersen this afternoon and the units are 6" wide and will support 30K pounds, assuming two axles. Also, doing a quick price search, it appears the best price ($40.00) is from the Andersenhitches.com site. But now at $80.00, I'm doing a little rethinking on the value vs performance.

9-larry

I was in home depot today and they don't carry them any more. they are made of recycled rubber tires, you might go on line to find them. they work great!

Gary521

I used to use wood before I put on an electric leveling system. One of the reasons for the change was that we hit a bunch of parks that had gravel sites. The wood would slide on the gravel and it took several attempts before all was OK. I can see the same thing happening with these plastic things ( sliding on gravel ).

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I called Andersen this afternoon and the units are 6" wide and will support 30K pounds, assuming two axles. Also, doing a quick price search, it appears the best price ($40.00) is from the Andersenhitches.com site. But now at $80.00, I'm doing a little rethinking on the value vs performance.
I had heard or read somewhere that anything used under tires for lifting or support needed to be larger than the footprint of the tire. Most of our tires have a section width of over 6". I know mine do. Could these possibly cause internal damage to the tires? Just thinking out loud...

wdk450

This is in regard to the 1 inch thick rubber mats to be used under the plastic levellers:

I was in home depot today and they don't carry them any more. they are made of recycled rubber tires, you might go on line to find them. they work great!

I looked through the McMaster-Carr massive online hardware catalog for these yesterday, and found very few mats 1 inch thick, and most single mats were more than the price for a set of plastic leveller blocks. I saw doorstep mats 5/8 inch thick of a type a lot of us might remember, made of strips of recycled tire and wire weaving with openings in between, but I thought these would still pick up the clay mud like the bare leveller pads do. Even these cost $24 each.

Kblock108

I did another thread, but I bought them and very impressed how easy it was. Only issue was they are too long to go between the two wheels, I had to put them in at an angle and kick them in while the wife backed.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
the rubber mats are now being sold by camping world I believe. They are actually made locally in NJ. I will post the name if I can find it