Leveling blocks

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We have the snap pads and for longer stays still use blocks. We have found it takes a noticeable amount of movement out of our rig.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
So let me ask this question, What is the sense of the Level Up System if you can't lift and level your camper? On our second coach from Heartland and after I activate Auto Level and it does its DANCE I am good to camp.:cool:

Exactly!! However I do carry a few blocks to limit the stroke of the jacks especially required when leveling the coach side to side to ensure those jacks don't max out before leveling the rig.
We been in a few CGs where one side has lost contact with the ground but so be it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Exactly!! However I do carry a few blocks to limit the stroke of the jacks especially required when leveling the coach side to side to ensure those jacks don't max out before leveling the rig.
We been in a few CGs where one side has lost contact with the ground but so be it!

X2 here, milk crate with emergency/level blocks you never know when you might need them.

carl.swoyer

The rep said not to allow the hydraulic Pistons​ to lift the rig off the ground. The system was not designed for that

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

travelin2

The only warning in the manual for the 6 point level up for trailers and fifth wheels is..."Lippert Components Inc. recommends that a trained professional be employed to change the tires on the unit. Ensure that the unit is properly supported with jack stands, or other adequate devices, under the frame of the unit prior to commencing any service or repair procedure. Any attempts to change the tires or perform other service while unit is supported solely by the LCI Level-Up with Automatic Leveling System could result in death, serious injury, unit or property damage."
It's a liability warning in case someone removes all the tires and happens to be underneath when a hose fails etc and down she comes!!!
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Level_Up__Towable__Owners_Manual.pdf

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

In order to function as designed, Level Up must lift the entire weight of the trailer minus a portion of the weight of the wheels, axles and suspension. I'm guessing the weight of the suspension, etc. is on the order of 2000# for tandem axles. If the trailer weighs 16,000 #, on the order of 14,000 is being supported by the jacks. I expect Lippert's blank statement to not use the Level up to raise the tires off the ground is primarily for safety reasons since the trailer may be somewhat more stable with the tires on the ground. When I lift the tires off the ground for maintenance, I always put a jack stand or two under the frame for safety in the event the hydraulics fail.

X2

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The rep said not to allow the hydraulic Pistons​ to lift the rig off the ground. The system was not designed for that

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I strongly disagree with this Rep's option as to what level up can do or is designed to do.
Those are hydraulic rams with massive amounts of power in each one of them.
I believe that he is telling you his opinion not the facts.

That is my opinion ...
I will continue to use mine as a automatic floor jack for years to come.
Without the slightest concern of whether or not I can handle it.
As you see we all have our opinion of what we think or we think we know. But I post my opinion for those out there that are new to this or just unsure of what can or can't be done with all of the different components and systems on our RV's today.
I have seen where someone said to not let the tires come off the ground. Well if your in a unlevel spot and you use Auto-level as it was intended. THEY WILL COME OFF THE GROUND ON ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER....
Some people will freek out for no reason.
You will feel a difference with inside movement that's for sure. If it bothers you then carry around extra blocks and put them where needed.
I choose not to.
I love my Level-up and SnapPads !!!!!
Almost 2 years now and have never needed blocks. Not once

Again just my opinion and I hope this help some of you set your mind at ease.

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Let's face it. Both Lippert and Heartland advise not to lift the tires off the ground for the same reason McDonalds tells you their coffee is hot.

Az_Ernie

The only warning in the manual for the 6 point level up for trailers and fifth wheels is..."Lippert Components Inc. recommends that a trained professional be employed to change the tires on the unit. Ensure that the unit is properly supported with jack stands, or other adequate devices, under the frame of the unit prior to commencing any service or repair procedure. Any attempts to change the tires or perform other service while unit is supported solely by the LCI Level-Up with Automatic Leveling System could result in death, serious injury, unit or property damage."
It's a liability warning in case someone removes all the tires and happens to be underneath when a hose fails etc and down she comes!!!
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Level_Up__Towable__Owners_Manual.pdf

I absolutely agree. However, I would never perform any maintenance under the trailer with the tires removed without having jackstands or blocks supporting the frame. Probably never have a problem with the hydraulics, but better safe than sorry.

travelin2

I absolutely agree. However, I would never perform any maintenance under the trailer with the tires removed without having jackstands or blocks supporting the frame. Probably never have a problem with the hydraulics, but better safe than sorry.

I believe that's the point. "Stupid is as stupid does"!!

Daley07

Perfect for a travel trailer! I've bought two sets of RV leveling blocks from Camco so I can put them under my leveling jacks all the way around when on grass. They hold up to my 9,000 lb trailer when driving. In addition, I love that it has an interlocking design and doesn’t slip like other levelers.

Last edited:

wdk450

" I expect Lippert's blank statement to not use the Level up to raise the tires off the ground is primarily for safety reasons since the trailer may be somewhat more stable with the tires on the ground." I smell liability protection lawyers nearby.